A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

2001 1.8 nissan sentra
I am really hoping you guys can help me. I recently started to have a missfire on the car. A friend of mine told me to remove each coil on plug pack with the engine running so i can isloate it to a particular cylinder. So in the process of doing that, i removed the coil pack on the most right coil pack( Looking from the drivers seat) and the engine bogged down and stalled. I put the coil pack on and tried to start it but it did not start all. The problem is now my car will crack but will not turn. At one point when cracking if i keep giving it gas will start but very very very rough and then die after stop pushing in the accelerator pedeal. So far I replaced the MAF, TPS, Cam position sensor. Any one whocan help very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Hey guys,

2001 1.8 nissan sentra
I am really hoping you guys can help me. I recently started to have a missfire on the car. A friend of mine told me to remove each coil on plug pack with the engine running so i can isloate it to a particular cylinder. So in the process of doing that, i removed the coil pack on the most right coil pack( Looking from the drivers seat) and the engine bogged down and stalled. I put the coil pack on and tried to start it but it did not start all. The problem is now my car will crack but will not turn. At one point when cracking if i keep giving it gas will start but very very very rough and then die after stop pushing in the accelerator pedeal. So far I replaced the MAF, TPS, Cam position sensor. Any one whocan help very much appreciated.
Sorry to say but your friend is not all that smart if you take a coil out when it's running of course it's going to want to die thats not how you test them. First off is your CEL on and what codes is it pulling. Then you should be able to isolate the problem. If there is no CEL on the to test the coil when the car is off and what switch the coil to another spark plug to see if it runs smooth or rough.Sometimes you can just spray water on the coil to see if it arc's out because it might have a crack in the coil. But see if there are any codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry to say but your friend is not all that smart if you take a coil out when it's running of course it's going to want to die thats not how you test them. First off is your CEL on and what codes is it pulling. Then you should be able to isolate the problem. If there is no CEL on the to test the coil when the car is off and what switch the coil to another spark plug to see if it runs smooth or rough.Sometimes you can just spray water on the coil to see if it arc's out because it might have a crack in the coil. But see if there are any codes.

thantks for the quick reply,

I pulled the codes and i got 1320 Ignition control Module circuit and some other fuel injector code (thats because I pulled the power off the the injector), So i cleared the codes and tried to start again, but nothing. I also switched multiple coil packs that are installed on the car and that did not help as well as another spark plug, and still nothing. However, what bothers me is when i pilled the coil pack, you could see spark in the spark plug hole were the metals is at. is that normal?. I put the scanner back on and now i am not getting any codes. Thanks for all your help!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Check your MAF

·
Registered
569 Posts
No I dont it the fuel pump because when i turn on the switch i can hear it running for like 3 secs
just because its kicking on, doesnt mean its getting the correct pressure.

anyways you might have a fried a coil by pulling it outa the hole while the car was running. know anyone with a car like yours that runs, try swapping the coils out and working from there. or find a junkyard car that has a couple coils, its not a bad idea to have a couple on hand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts