A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I parked the Spec about a month ago because my tires are wore too far for me to comfortably drive it. Only issue with it prior to parking was that I had to let the fuel lines prime before I started it. After a week of sitting I started it and the plan was to let it warm up and maybe drive it around a little. It didn't want to start, and when it did, with the gas pedal fully depressed, it would only rev 100 RPM over idle. I let it warm up, and still no more. The only thing I could think of was the Crank Position Sensor, so I bought a new one. Before I installed it, I tried starting it one last time (Now 2 weeks from when I parked it) and it won't start at all. So I changed the CPS and still no fire. I checked all the fuses under the dash and all were fine. I checked the coil packs and no spark. So I went to the local Advance and borrowed the OBDII scanner to check the CEL, which I noticed was on the first time I went out to start it, and it won't connect. I'm pretty sure I hear the fuel pump kick on when I turn the switch on, but it could be me thinking it is. I've searched the forum and the only thing I can think of is the relay under the passenger side kick panel may be bad, but if so why would it start the first time and not now? I will check that tomorrow morning but I don't think it will work. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case it wasn't clear, the car will turn over, it just won't do anything else. How do I know if my car has NATS. My keys look plain and I have a keyfob.

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
nats has nothing to do with it, unless you changed the ecu. check the ecu relay. if its not that it might be the ecu itself since the scanner wont connect.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand NATS has nothing to do with my problem. But if I have to get a new ECU I need to know whether or not I have it don't I?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been busy and haven't had time to mess with it until today. I've swapped around the relays and have no results. There's three that I haven't checked because I couldn't get them out. and one of those doesn't have another I can swap it with. I'm about to searh the forum to find out which one is the ECU relay. Unless someone chimes in before I can find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts