A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone! i just changed my dome light to red leds in my 2004 spec v.

i was trying to change my map lights too but i cant get the housing cover off! when i tried prying it, theres 1 small plastic clip that wont budge! im afraid of using more force and breaking it because that clip seems like the only thing that holds the housing in place.

any ideas? has anyone changed their map lights before? i could use some help!

·
Registered
295 Posts
They come right out with some firm flat-tip persuasion:) There isn't much to break just pull straight down into the cabin and they'll come out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They come right out with some firm flat-tip persuasion:) There isn't much to break just pull straight down into the cabin and they'll come out.
thats what i thought at first... but when i try prying it, i hear that plastic cracking sound like its gonna snap. did you get that too? should i just ignore that?

i think i'll try prying with more force tomorrow and see what happens...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
argh! they came out but the bottom hinge part got widened by the force!

so when i put the covers back on the bottom side hangs looser than it should. it rattles now! not sure if it will rattle when i drive...

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi everyone! i just changed my dome light to red leds in my 2004 spec v.​

i was trying to change my map lights too but i cant get the housing cover off! when i tried prying it, theres 1 small plastic clip that wont budge! im afraid of using more force and breaking it because that clip seems like the only thing that holds the housing in place.​

any ideas? has anyone changed their map lights before? i could use some help!​
whoa how did you change the dome light? .... any pics or write up on it ...thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whoa how did you change the dome light? .... any pics or write up on it ...thanks
the dome light is very simple. the owner's manual actually has a detailed diagram for it (there is none for the map lights).

there is a little opening in the housing cover located near the ON/OFF toggle switch for the dome light. to open the cover, just use a flat head screw driver and wedge that little area. it pops right off easily without damaging anything. then, just replace the bulb. its a DE3175 bulb in case youre wondering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts