A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Which aftermarket charger could I equip my GXE with?

• Turbocharger

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supercharger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Custom Built

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an available turbocharger and/or supercharger for the 02 GXE or would I have to get one custom built. If yes to either question could you possibly give me an estimate.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
^lol stinks good dont it.

Dont waste ur money on a 1.8. Better off building a 2.5 and swapping it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or just buy a spec for three grand...

Or a boosted one for six
I don't know much about engines, let alone possess the ability to build a 2.5 lol. I wouldn't even know where to start. How much would that run me for?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm going to +1 not building a QG... My wife has the same type of car you do.

I hate working on that car. That engine was not built with mechanics in mind.

With that said... If you are going to drop some cash in it, I'd suggest building your suspension before you bother putting a million horses under the hood.

"Power is nothing without control." ~Pirelli

Suspension, that's where you want to drop your dime.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to +1 not building a QG... My wife has the same type of car you do.

I hate working on that car. That engine was not built with mechanics in mind.

With that said... If you are going to drop some cash in it, I'd suggest building your suspension before you bother putting a million horses under the hood.

"Power is nothing without control." ~Pirelli

Suspension, that's where you want to drop your dime.
Thanx chief, I was looking at this Eibach lowering kit as a matter of a fact. I was also looking at these sway struts for under the hood that are said to help my car hug the corners better. Struts or coilovers first?

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you have the money, I would buy coilovers. You'll have a lot more control on your suspension setup and will generally handle better than a McPherson setup.
You've got options a relatively wide selection of options, from the 500 range all the way up to 2000. I have inverted BCs which cost me about a thousand.
They're really really good. A number of people on this site have them as well. In fact, 2J runs them on their Sentra and sell them for a good price through their website. TDMi has a good set from what I hear as well. Something in the 700, iirc.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Suspension and tires first then the power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts