A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked several members if they would be down to have a small meet in the Chicago area and received a positive response.

So, without further ado, let's get it going. Let's meet up on May 9th at the Schaumburg Forest Preserve (Busse Woods) in the afternoon (4 or 5PM).

What we're going to do: the big thing is a bbq - hot dogs, burgers, etc. Everyone is welcome to bring whatever food they want to share with others - just post what you're bringing on here so that we don't have 50 bags of potato chips or whatever. After, we'll cruise.

I need to know how many of you will come out on that day [as if there's more than 24 people we will require a permit to do anything].

If anyone wants to come later feel free, the Forest Preserve closes at sundown which will be 7:30PM - 8:30PM.

[If there are a lot of you who cannot make it on the 9th, we can move the meet to the 2nd.]

More information will be posted here as the date approaches.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 9th works for me too, I might have another car or two from the Nissan community tag along. I will find out for sure.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a few more people coming out so this should be a good meet. Expecting ~12 people so far. :)

I'll post details about the exact meet location (at the Busse Woods) soon but it may not be 100% set in stone as it all depends on how many "common folk" (Non nissan people) show up and how many parking spaces they take up :p

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Details:

Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/887159764678605/

"Alright, so here's the details:

What: This is going to be basically a meet and BBQ. We're going to meet up at Busse Woods, gonna be there from 4:30 - 7 (sundown) and we'll cruise after.

You can invite anyone you want, just make sure that they follow this event and click "Going" so that this way I know how much stuff to bring.

You're welcome to bring food and whatever else you want for others.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Busse+Woods,+S+Arlington+Heights+Rd,+Elk+Grove+Village,+IL+60007,+United+States/@42.018332,-88.0061804,18z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x880fb04bdc000235:0xd66b1fb822751d7

Basically zone 32 in case Google maps doesn't want to load. Easiest way to get there:
Heading Biesterfield road turn on Beisner Rd (which is by the hospital) and close to the end of Beisner Rd you'll see a way into the forest preserve, turn into there and it'll be all the way at the end.

Any suggestions, comments, questions? Let me know here.

Obvious but necessary details:
No burnouts, be respectful, use common sense, etc."

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wouldn't mind if I brought a b16 spec right lol
Not a problem!

Just a small FYI in case it rains or anything we may have to move the meet to a different date but so far it looks good for now. If anything like that does come up and we have to reschedule I'll post it up asap.

·
Registered
310 Posts
All good then. Only thing is I will be late because I work that day and I'll be coming from milwaukee. No cruising without me ok lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have bad news guys, a few of my coworkers took off both the 8th and 9th and My manager is putting me down for that day because I requested today off for the fight. Please let me know if any other meets are happening or if We can all cruise to another meet such as the Paul Walker, Nissan, or supercar Saturdays....etc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@african3 - no problem, we'll be there 'till 7 (sundown) because that's when the police close the forest preserves.
@B15saint - damn, hopefully you'll be able to come out next time. I'll let you know if any meets are happening further down the line. If anything changes you're more than welcome to just show up. Keep in mind we'll be there 'till 7 and if anything changes I'll post it up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah we're still good as of now. On Friday afternoon I'll check the weather again and if it still says that it's going to rain on Saturday then we'll have to do the meet another time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
PMed everyone in this post but for those who didn't know:

They're saying it's supposed to be raining and cold tomorrow so we have to cancel the meet/bbq.

We'll try to get a BBQ going on the beginning of June or something and I'll post more about it then.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts