A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, all. I am on my 3rd b15 spec v. I have not had any issues with either of my prior two other than a coil pack on my first. No big deal.
No issues that I can tell on this one thus far regarding the Pre-Cat.
I just want to get ahead of anything and pick up a header that I can use to replace the secondary cat after the exhaust manifold.
So I am thinking a long tube header?
What I am after is a header where I can delete that cat after the exhaust manifold that has a place for the 02 Sensor.
And How I might go about avoiding a CEL.
I had seen a post a while back on this topic with 3 options but have not been able to find it since.
Any help or links would be much appreciated.
Also recommended headers would help a ton.

Also, regarding the butterfly screws links to great docs on this would be great.

Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you CrickiKaze.
Tritton, I was thinking of something like this?
He said this is OBX
I saw this on a post from User Big E

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah, its a good design. Find a Nismo or Authentic DC if you can. Joes over at 2-j racing are honestly better quality than OBX, and sound better, in my opinion.

There is really onle one true "long tube header" and it was made by Hedman.

If you come across it you'd probably want to stay away as it's only good on high compression motors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get a 2jr header, if you cant find a Nismo one. And yes you will need the anti fouler, they sell those on ebay or sometimes at Vatozone. Im running nismo header 2jr midpipe no cats, and I have no CEL light.
Thank you for this! That's what I will look into the 2j parts
Can you provide me a link to the instructions on doing the anti fouler method?
Also, one other thing. Actually two.
I love your rims, looks like you did a great job on painting them.
Did you have them painted or did you paint them your self and what brand of paint did you use?
And your front lip, is it the sentra nation lip and was it hard to put on? Did you have to do any drilling?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, its a good design. Find a Nismo or Authentic DC if you can. Joes over at 2-j racing are honestly better quality than OBX, and sound better, in my opinion.

There is really onle one true "long tube header" and it was made by Hedman.

If you come across it you'd probably want to stay away as it's only good on high compression motors.
Thank you for the info, I will steer away from that long tube header and look in to 2J's header!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Thank you for this! That's what I will look into the 2j parts
Can you provide me a link to the instructions on doing the anti fouler method?
Also, one other thing. Actually two.
I love your rims, looks like you did a great job on painting them.
Did you have them painted or did you paint them your self and what brand of paint did you use?
And your front lip, is it the sentra nation lip and was it hard to put on? Did you have to do any drilling?
I have nismo front and rear lips. I have better pictures but my phone was stolen 3 days ago :cry::cry:.
My rims were powder coated here in LA, they could use a touch up, but nah.
my front lip wasnt too hard, the rear lip was and still a pain in the fucking ass. fuck Nissan and nismo whoever made that rear lip, that shit was fucking crazy to install even with the templates and instructions.

Here is the link for the anti fouler, its really easy. IF you buy a header or midpipe from 2JR they can throw one in for free or small fee.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have nismo front and rear lips. I have better pictures but my phone was stolen 3 days ago :cry::cry:.
My rims were powder coated here in LA, they could use a touch up, but nah.
my front lip wasnt too hard, the rear lip was and still a pain in the fucking ass. fuck Nissan and nismo whoever made that rear lip, that shit was fucking crazy to install even with the templates and instructions.

Here is the link for the anti fouler, its really easy. IF you buy a header or midpipe from 2JR they can throw one in for free or small fee.

Thank you for the link! I couldnt find it before when I looked on google but after a second look it was way down on the results page just was searching a wide in my search.
That is exactly what i was looking for!
They look great, whats a good price to have them powder coated.
Hey you live in LA, so do you have to take everything off and put on the stock parts to pass smog or does it pass the emissions test with your current set up?
I figure visuals varies from shop to shop and whether they are willing to look the other way.

Sorry about your phone, man! I hope you were able to remotely reset and wipe your data from it or have it after so many failed attempts it wipes it self.
Cyber Week so hopefully you can find a good price on a new one!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
lol, It's got like clip, clip, clip, clip, sides got cut outs, and then hardware hardware, lol

I mean you gotta admit, its not going anywhere.
its drill to million holes, oh and if u fuck up, gotta drill some more. the clips are some white push clips that come with the nismo lip. They are specially made for this kit, I lost and broke several and i went to Nissan for replacement clips, they just laughed. amazon had some that were close, but made for GM vehicles,but they there slightly smaller and did not reach the hole. I gave up and used what i had, zip ties, and bumper clips. FUCK YOU NISSAN. lol

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Thank you for the link! I couldnt find it before when I looked on google but after a second look it was way down on the results page just was searching a wide in my search.
That is exactly what i was looking for!
They look great, whats a good price to have them powder coated.
Hey you live in LA, so do you have to take everything off and put on the stock parts to pass smog or does it pass the emissions test with your current set up?
I figure visuals varies from shop to shop and whether they are willing to look the other way.

Sorry about your phone, man! I hope you were able to remotely reset and wipe your data from it or have it after so many failed attempts it wipes it self.
Cyber Week so hopefully you can find a good price on a new one!
I have always paid to get to passed. As with all the Subie, Civic owners etc. B4 smog got switched to visual and ob2, i dunno what the dudes did with the sniffer, i think they stuffed some clay some where around the emission box. its weird, but I passed. Last year I went to a shop and I told them I was ECU reflashed/tune and he said " 75% chance u pass, but since Cali is strict they want these cars and mods out. you might fail, if you fail sorry, but u still gotta pay me. lol"
Well I passed but he told me, my car has been red flagged, he saw something on his screen flash or alert him. He said , " next smog you're gonna get ref , sell it, or enjoy it lol" I will go back to stock if I get reffed . I paid $200 for my wheels to be powder coated this was maybe 2-3 year ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts