A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had trouble with this issue for several years. I replaced the clutch, flywheel, master and slave, and all the fluid. I was able to get rid of the squeak - it was coming from under the hood. On the transmission there is a black rectangular gasket, it just pulls up...then I sprayed white silicone grease all around in there. Squeak solved.

transmission shifter gasket.jpg

However the clicking and sticking issue persisted. I found a video that led me to real results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOgOSKeENM8

so I purchased a new clutch pedal assy from Nissan. Here is the new one

new sentra clutch assy.jpg

You can see it is beefed up with extra welds and thick metal braces on either side of the assy.

the old pedal assy was missing the plastic o-ring where the return spring plugs into. Over time the spring end cut into the metal.

This was the problem.
old clutch pedal assy.jpg

Now clutch feels better than I can ever remember.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update: the clicking/ metallic pop is gone however the sticking came back after a week of use. Going to see what 2JR thinks when my car is in their shop later this month.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the clicking/ squeaking/ popping noises have vanished.

The sticking pedal remains. After compressing the clutch pedal it will travel back to its original position minus about 2-3 inches from the top. Then randomly and unexpectedly it may snap to the very top sometime hitting the bottom of my shoe. It is very drivable in this condition although it is extremely aggravating, esp since I take such good care of my car.

o....I completely flushed out the entire clutch system with new Valvoline synthetic dot3-4. Nothing changed. Next, I will try an off-branded master and slave since I have had nothing but the same results with OE Nissan parts.

Stay tuned, and I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So now, last time I had no sticking pedal was when I replaced the master and slave with oem Nissan parts. Then about 18 months later it came back. I am going to put New Rhino branded master and slave cylinders in tomorrow and see how well they hold up.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
My car has always squeaked from the same area. I've sprayed silicone grease around the area and it has lessened the noise. But I never thought about spraying inside the gasket like you did, I gave it a shot, and I no longer hear anything. I'll keep this post updated.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts