A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue and figured out for sure what it was? every time somebody sits in the back of my 04 spec v, the car makes annoying clunking sounds. I have a theory.. I think the exhaust is hitting either the floorboard or the rear axle when weight is applied in the back. However when I go underneath the car, I do not see anything loose, and I am unable to flex the exhaust enough to hit either of those things.. so im not sure. attached is a picture showing the weird bend the stock exhaust takes, that I believe may be the culprit. The bend in the picture is so close to touching the floorboards that I cannot even get my finger between the two. And same with the distance between that pipe and the rear axle.. cant even get a finger inbetween the two.. the hangers are all good though and this just appears to be how it is.. so let me know what you guys think! hitting the floorboard? rear axle? Neither? Both?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Don't think this happened on either of my Specs, though it's also been like a decade since I've run a stock exhaust. Maybe just stop letting the fat chicks in the back of your car?

Reactions: 06Speed

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
My first thought was exhaust too. Just have said fat chicks sit in the back and have someone else rock the car while you listen underneath or wherever it is

Reactions: Jon

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Now that I think about it, actually Im having a knocking noise too even if its just me driving. Im almost certain its my catback hitting but I havent checked it yet. Going over big or fast bumps it knocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts