A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2002 Nissan Sentra S-ER SpecV
Today when I went to drive and the clutch goes straight to the floor, it still shifts, it still drives, it still springs back up, but it goes straight to the floor. Does this mean it is time for a new clutch or what's going on?

·
Banned
438 Posts
Your clutch hydraulics have failed for one reason or another. Step one is to check the fluid level and condition in the reservoir, making sure the fluid is almost completely colorless, and free of debris. Then you can begin to inspect your hydraulic components. Follow the reservoir and you'll hit your master cylinder, look for any leaks or anything obvious. Look under the car for any drips too.

If you don't see any leaks it could be that the internal seals have failed, meaning you'd have to replace your master/slave cylinder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i filled it, it was dry, i drove it home but no difference in the feel, from my understand i should of had the clutch down when the fluid was poured in, is it possible the air will work itself out? i won't have anyone to help me until friday and this car is my only transportation

·
Banned
438 Posts
Bleed it, the bleed nipple is on the slave on the transmission. Can easily be accessed under the hood. Crack the nipple and let it drip bleed, but make sure the reservoir stays full.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i had to bleed mine for 30 min before i got pressure back so keep going until you get the pressure you want

·
Banned
438 Posts
LOL damn dude. Just get some tubing, remove a vacuum line from the intake manifold, attach your tube, attach the other end to the bleed nipple, crack it, start it, and wait lol. Just watch it and make sure it doesn't reach the motor. Bled in 30 seconds flat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a 21 year old female who's just now learning about cars due to this spec. lol hope that explains the level of difficulty I am going through.

·
Banned
438 Posts
Oh fuck, I'm totally sorry! I thought I was talking to someone car savvy.

Do you by chance have an aquarium or know someone that does? All you need is about 4 feet of clear tubing and you should be good.

Looking down into your engine bay (imagine it's divided into 4 quarters like +). Closest to you, and on the right side if you look down and you will see something sticking out of the transmission with like rubber boot around it. (if your intake appears to be in the way, remove that now) Now on that should be a little bleed nipple sticking out (you can tell because it has a hole in the tip). All you do is get an 8mm wrench (I think?) crack the bleed nipple loose (lefty loosy, righty tighty, these can snap if you force them so be careful), and attach the end of the clear tubing.

Now you'll notice there are hoses coming off the back of the engine, remove one of those hoses going onto the engine that's around the size of the tubing, and start the car. It may idle like shit, don't worry. Stick your finger over the hole, and see if you get vacuum. If you do, attach your hose from the bleed nipple and let it suck the fluid out. Make sure your reservoir stays up to the full line, and make sure the engine doesn't suck up brake fluid. Once the fluid gets close to the engine, close the bleed nipple, and you should be good to go.

You can do brakes the same way, super super easy!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,506 Posts
Oh fuck, I'm totally sorry! I thought I was talking to someone car savvy.

Do you by chance have an aquarium or know someone that does? All you need is about 4 feet of clear tubing and you should be good.

Looking down into your engine bay (imagine it's divided into 4 quarters like +). Closest to you, and on the right side if you look down and you will see something sticking out of the transmission with like rubber boot around it. (if your intake appears to be in the way, remove that now) Now on that should be a little bleed nipple sticking out (you can tell because it has a hole in the tip). All you do is get an 8mm wrench (I think?) crack the bleed nipple loose (lefty loosy, righty tighty, these can snap if you force them so be careful), and attach the end of the clear tubing.

Now you'll notice there are hoses coming off the back of the engine, remove one of those hoses going onto the engine that's around the size of the tubing, and start the car. It may idle like shit, don't worry. Stick your finger over the hole, and see if you get vacuum. If you do, attach your hose from the bleed nipple and let it suck the fluid out. Make sure your reservoir stays up to the full line, and make sure the engine doesn't suck up brake fluid. Once the fluid gets close to the engine, close the bleed nipple, and you should be good to go.

You can do brakes the same way, super super easy!
Sorry man but equal opportunity just made you its bitch, female, male it shouldn't matter.

Reactions: rckid143

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
I'm a 21 year old female who's just now learning about cars due to this spec. lol hope that explains the level of difficulty I am going through.
i am a 71 year old male, who's now just leaning about females lol
hope that explains the level of difficulty I am going through.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I just fixed this problem on my 02 specv. I ended up replacing the clutch master cylinder and also the slave cylinder. That, coupled with having to bleed everything by yourself and not being very car saavy, can get very difficult for you.

Best advice I have, is to look up youtube videos on this, they help a lot.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If it turns out to be your clutch master, I have a brand new one still in box. I thought I had the same problem but ended up bleeding bleeding bleeding and my clutch pedal went back to normal miraculously.

·
Banned
438 Posts
I think y'all fuckers scared her off.

Make up your minds. First, you give me shit for being straight up and brutally honest, and then you give me shit for being accommodating lol.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
who me?

it's like african plains veldt here
if it's a.m.
and your a gazelle
you better be running
the lions are up

if it's a.m.
and your a lion
you better be running
the gazelles allready are

if it's the africam velt
no matter who you are
you better be running

for africa substitute b15u
for running substitute feces receiving

for
it's b15u

drama and
feces are flying

excuse the bitterness for the day
my baby failed inspection

boo
sat too long
evap fail

·
Banned
438 Posts
Lol Bazza, reading your semi-legible yet brilliant posts is quite difficult while stoned. Either way, I laughed my ass off, and no, I wasn't slinging shit your way haha.

Are you much of a beer guy? I have to meet the man at the keyboard someday lol, party like it's 1965. (holy shit, you're old).

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I think y'all fuckers scared her off.

Make up your minds. First, you give me shit for being straight up and brutally honest, and then you give me shit for being accommodating lol.
This is hilarious, accommodating? I'm surprised you didn't include pics with that long post. Maybe a selfie next time too?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts