A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking about this upgrade or options as to other makes of clutches. Just want something reliable and trustworthy really. I want a stage 1 for the current setup but would also would look into twin clutch designs for the build.

·
Registered
8,953 Posts
Ive been thinking about this upgrade or options as to other makes of clutches. Just want something reliable and trustworthy really. I want a stage 1 for the current setup but would also would look into twin clutch designs for the build.
I ordered a stage 1 action clutch to replace this thrash stage 3 2j/competition clutch. They also have a stage 2 that comes with a kevlar disk. Whenever I rebuild my other motor I'll be looking there iron man clutch.

I liked the spec stage 3 clutch I use to have aswell

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm interesting. I was also looking into Centerforce clutches as far as twin disk.

·
Super Moderator
5,585 Posts
I was going to recommend looking at Spec. Good luck getting a twin

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
If you really interested in twin disc both me and Pete (visiononeracing) run a rps twin disc...cost a fuck ton of $ for it tho

·
Super Moderator
5,585 Posts
Never heard of RPS.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Not many ppl have...they don’t really promote or anything that I seen b4..I only knew them bcuz shop I was at during that time used them

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why am I reading that all these aftermarket clutches are only lasting 5k-10k miles or less??

Does the kevlar material sacrifice life span for gripping power? Should I rather look for a ceramic material. Cant find anything for the sentra from RPS

·
6,731 Posts
You got it nailed on the head. You will more than likely beat on the car once you have the need for more clamping force which means more clutch dumps and/or launches, etc. That's the trade off. Also a lot of people don't follow the 400-500 mile break in period. Some had success, some don't. Everybody has their own way of doing things, but the manufacturer requires that break in period.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just throwing my two cents - i got tge Valeo OE clutch and lemme say, feels pretty dam good. I was nervous about the no spring clutch disc and 2j flywheel. But like i said pretty good. Obly,time will tell, but i have been beating on it with no issues

·
Super Moderator
5,585 Posts
Well that clutch was supposed to be paired with an OEM or equivalent dual mass flywheel... but if it works out then good but it may not last as long. I've been running no springs for over 2 years but that is with the twin disk.... call my tranny a chatter box...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yea it was funny when i opened the box. Im like weird where r the springs. And i was ooohh, the flywheel is the spring. So i googled and ppl were talking abput disc rattle during driving. But i hear nothing and engagement is pretty smooth. If i get 100k out of im happy. Commute alone is like 25k a yr. So i should rack up miles quick. Lolol

·
Super Moderator
5,585 Posts
You won't or shouldn't chatter since it's more on the organic side and is a full surface, you very chatter from pucked more than a full face iirc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts