A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I went to down shift from 4th to 3rd from between 2500 and 3000 rpms. Now the car wont move and makes a grinding noise when in gear. When in neutral while running it makes a weird noise almost like a rattle inside the transmission. I’m just looking to get some advice before I pull the transmission. I changed the slave cylinder and clutch line a week ago. It’s fully bled and clutch pedal still has pressure. Transmission fluid was changed 2k ago also. Throw out bearing always used to make noise. But when I changed the line and slave cylinder it stopped making noise. Any advice would be great. FYI I’ve done clutches before but never on a spec v or have had the issue that I’m having now.

·
Registered
260 Posts
was the pedal properly adjusted after the work was done? Sounds like either the throw out bearing cooked itself to death, or the fork fell off. Both can happen if the pedal is set up wrong. There is a little adjuster screw at the top of the pedal to make sure it has the right grab area and is not resting pressure on the system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was the pedal properly adjusted after the work was done? Sounds like either the throw out bearing cooked itself to death, or the fork fell off. Both can happen if the pedal is set up wrong. There is a little adjuster screw at the top of the pedal to make sure it has the right grab area and is not resting pressure on the system.
I honestly didn’t think I had to adjust it because I only changed the slave cylinder and the slave cylinder line. But I will keep that in mind for when I put the new clutch in! Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts