A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

so the clutch master cylinder in my 2006 Spec V broke, so I replaced it a little while ago. Unfortunately, after bleeding it for a good long while, the clutch pedal only comes halfway up. You have to lift the pedal up with your foot the rest of the way. That first half area feels like a deadzone. The care is driveable, but it feels like the clutch reengages when you let it off the floor even a millimeter.

I then replaced the slave master cylinder, thinking it may be a cause, but even after a new slave cylinder, the pedal still only comes back halfway. I also got the system professional bled. It felt a bit firmer, but still only comes back halfway.

I was told that the my clutch pedal requires a lot of force to push down, and that may be a sign of pressure plates wearing out. Could this also cause the clutch pedal deadzone somehow?

·
Super Moderator
5,225 Posts
I would start with adjusting the master cylinder piston rod first, you may not be pushing the piston through the full stroke... assuming that is good then I would look into a new clutch.
Do you still have the rubber OEM clutch line, I'm sure that's not helping at all.

I was chasing my tail for a couple of months with a clutch issue, master, slave, line and multiple adjustments/ flushes... in the end of nothing worked then it is clutch related with the pressure plate or the friction disk.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a similar issue, but it wasn't the slave or the master cylinder. It was the pedal itself, the assembly tac welds broke loose in multiple places. Eventually leaving me stranded. It all started when the pedal only came half way back up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts