A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I'll be putting on a set of Godspeed coil overs 3" drop. Anything I should watch out for or is it pretty straight forward?
Material property Shock absorber Gas Cylinder Metal

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
3" is alot. May have to consider taller ball joints and bump steer kit to drive correctly

·
Registered
29 Posts
You need camber adjustment bolts for the back for anything over 2", unless you're rolling fenders. But for 3" you need the bolts regardless.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Not going to lie, I chose 3" because that was the lowest setting and didn't want to have uneven adjustments and have the car leaning awkward but if I'll run into issues that low I'll run a 2" drop instead.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yeah I know it's weird. But yeah the bottom bolt can be swapped for a camber adjuster, at least im 90% you can.
Its a solid beam. The hub literally bolts to the beam. The only camber adjustment is shims. Theres no lower bolt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its a solid beam. The hub literally bolts to the beam. The only camber adjustment is shims. Theres no lower bolt.
Well its not impossible that I have some bad information, when I lowered my car there was most defiantly a lower spring assembly bolt that looked like it could accept some camber adjustment with the right hardware

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Definitely takes the off road look away. I think you can go a little lower if you wanted with out an issue.
Yeah I feel like 2.5" could have happened no issue but I'll ride it out for a while after the alignment and see if it scrubs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man, I really like the cmod grille. Been thinking about grabbing one myself sometime this or next year
Thanks dude. Definitely plan on waiting a while for it though. I think it took about 5 weeks to manufacture and ship, not to mention all the front bumper alterations to make it seat correctly.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well wishes to all, am I not swing this correctly guys? My 1.5” 2J-Racing spring setups on both my 2002 and 2006 look lower than your after photos… I still see fender gap. please update me how low did you set these?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well wishes to all, am I not swing this correctly guys? My 1.5” 2J-Racing spring setups on both my 2002 and 2006 look lower than your after photos… I still see fender gap. please update me how low did you set these?
The only thing I can think is springs may be lower from your suspension having been more broken in as apposed to a new set up. That, or maybe there's a break in period for these that'll eventually have it sitting a little lower. I definitely expected a little less wheel gap as well but don't dislike the finished product.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts