A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
I have seen their kit... im actually kinda happy because if I have to check everything ill learn a whole lot ... thats probably the apostle Paul in me coming out lol. But thank man you're great 馃憤 one last question right now.. is a 6spd manual non Nats 02 ecu a straight swap... my car has Nats and I don't want it... my key would still work cuz it fits ignition correct?the lil blue chip shouldn't do anything on non nats ecu i assume.. and also would an 03 6spd non nats ecu be a direct swap or does anything have to change. Ill see if my brother has the identifix I think he has ...allcar? Its a two man shop.

Registered
This is a voltage correlation code and you need to remember that. The pedal gets voltage on a wire, then changes the voltage depending on sweep of the pedal, and sends that voltage back to the ECU. Knowing that it's the only moving part and you have yet to put a new factory pedal.... How I would diagnose this is data log the voltages on a line graph in milliseconds then when it went into limp mode I would set a mark on the log so I could go back and see what is happening to the voltage. You would see a sharp drop or climb in voltage at the time it happened and from there you would be able to tell if it intermittently opening or shorting at a certain point.

Registered
Discussion Starter #43
Hey thanks. I did actually order a nissan pedal because I thought of that too. Should be here tomarrow.

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
Ok so I swapped the ecu to a k3 non nats and it starts up no codes. But I still have an issue. Swapped the wires as stated on paper. Did full idle relearn when cold. Stared it and it was surging. 2-3500k rpms. I let it warm up and it kept surging but rims dropped a bit and surges got slower. I tried relearn when warm and it started back up and surged at slower speed.

Registered
Idle relearns can be a pain for them to take sometimes and there are suppose to be done with a coolant temp above 150掳. The tricky part is making sure the fans do not cycle on while the relearn is in process, or the whole thing is a waist. Sounds to me like you have not completed a successful relearn...

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #46
I'm assuming just because the light flashes and you restart within 3 sec the relearn doesn't nessicarily "take"? Is there a way to confirm a relearn was done even with a professional scan tool? it is so strange very consistently surging... I tried driving it too and it surges the same just manageable because the load of engine reduces surge but in 4th gear its like I got cruise controll in town wants to keep pushing me at about 30 or so mph with no gas.. I had to use brake for traffic... can't find this surging problem in forums under any circumstances where it is surging so high and consistent. Thanks.. and let me know if anyone has any ideas.. still surged when I removed maf plug also

Registered
You will know the idle relearn has worked due to it going through the sequence at the end of the pedal dance.
What should happen is the idle drops slowly until the engine almost stalls and then rises again to the correct value. After it has idled at the correct value for about 30sec it is safe to turn the ignition off and the relearn has been done.
You must have the engine at normal operating temp with all load devices such as aircon and lights switched off.

Registered
You must also disconnect 1 or sometimes 2 fuel injectors to drop the idle low enough. Perform it then. I thought the car had to be cold like below 150F I could be wrong tho.

The Autel scan tool worked first time for me.

Swapped wires?

Registered
I correct myself. Over 150 but before the fans run.

Registered
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks boys ill read through that id seen the disconnecting injectors... I had to do 3 to get it below 1k rpms it idles when warm at 2500 and surges to 3500 maybe a lil less but constant consistent surging... so how exactly do I do this ... ok so I do relearn procedure as normal but with only 1 cyl running? Also do I have to clear codes first or atleast the high idle code if present? Obviously ill throw all kinds of codes when I restart for the relearn on 1 cyl and obviously that must not matter ive seen like 3 people say the cyl deactivated did the trick. They all had issues after trying to clean tb but non reported an idle as high or normal consistency as mine. I messed up I think cuz I did cyl deactivation and the hooked em back up for relearn lol silly I thought the ecu would remember it was below 1k lolz....I forgot it does relearn while running not during pedal dance

Registered
All codes must be cleared first or the relearn will not happen at all!!!!

If a code pops up during the relearn, same rules apply. The relearn will not take!

Pedal relearn, TB relearn, then idle air volume relearn. All can be completed with the key and "pedal" dance...

Like I stated before, this may take a few tries before all the stars align and it takes

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #53
SOLVED! To sum everything up ive got my problems solved. Turns out I was getting repeated app codes due to a bad ecu. I replaced my nats ecu with a non nats 03 ecu and experienced high idle surging in all conditions. It took me disconnecting two coil wires to get a relearn to take.. it idled above 1k for about 10 sec then dwindled down and puttered out and stalled.. upon pluging in coils and restarting it purred at about 675 rpms.. and I havent had any issues since.. new ecu apparently also caused temp Guage to work.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts