A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to these forums and I'm not looking to do a "repost" of previously answered questions. For the last week I've been searching and reading up about the exhaust system, what's superior, what not to buy, etc and I just want anyone to make sure I got it right. My budget is $1200.

So I want to replace my 06's stock manifold with 4-1 no-cat header (doubt I'll find nismo header) and then I'll need a midpipe that has a catalytic converter. After this I'd need a cataback either Nismo or Stromung which would be the last two piping and muffler. All 2.25" for my stock Spec V.

If I missed anything please help me out. Also, is there anything to look out for with minor used stuff like:
firemen0724's: http://www.b15u.com/parts-sale/22760-f-s-stromung-exhaust-2-25in-cat-back.html

Or should I just buy from vendors(what sites?) Thanks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
ourdealsrock.net is where I got my metal core Magnaflow cat. Enter MAGNAFLOW in the discount code box for another 15% off if you get a Magnaflow product. They're pretty fast with shipping too.

Buy an Ebay midpipe if you want and cut out the flexpipe and weld the cat in it's place. Re-use the spring bolt assembly between the stock exhaust manifold and midpipe instead of a flexpipe. Otherwise you occasionally find members selling them for good prices on here.

(I had a guy custom bend me a midpipe and weld the cat, muffler, and resonators in place)

For new headers look for Mark's thread in the group buys section. As far as catbacks go, someone else can give you way better advice than I can. I've always just gone a completely custom route.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts