A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

421 - 440 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Works for me on the OBDII I've had since 3/2011! I've already done an idle relearn using the pedal dance, and adding 2 degree of timing (without bumping idle) seemed to bog me down so I changed back to 0. When I originally installed the app I was reading 15 degrees and am now reading 10 for some reason. Double checking with Torque.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I can't seem to get to where you adjust timing or relearns. I have both apps and the dongle. I have had the apps for a few years and have the latest version. Hmmmmm

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
I use the kiwi 2 and cargaugepro for it, it works, you can only advance timing a couple degrees either way, and raise the idle, but it works for the relearns fairly well also
I also use this

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
I can't seem to get to where you adjust timing or relearns. I have both apps and the dongle. I have had the apps for a few years and have the latest version. Hmmmmm
I haven't used it in awhile.
They changed the layout.
Seems a new write up is in dire need.

I'll get to it soon

Sorry jon

Sent From My HTC 10 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,814 Posts

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Torque Pro, was I supposed to download Car Gauge Pro?
Ppl use both I haven't bought torque pro only have the free one. But I bought car gauage pro and that's what I use. Once you connect you just click on the diagnostics button

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Now I'm not connected but it's right there in the middle then take you to th3 second pic

For torque I think you Tao the gear in the bottom left them go to fault codes

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Yep np glad to help

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
Maybe Sunday I'll revise this

Sent From My HTC 10 via Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
@mirrortints which features did you want to use? I can help.

Screenshot_2017-01-12-04-11-16.jpg Screenshot_2017-01-12-04-11-16.jpg

Fault Codes is for reading and clearing codes

Real-time Information is for monitoring data on whatever type gauge display you set up. Just long press and set up a display

And lastly there's Testing Results. Down to the left there. That runs various tests but is hard to understand sometimes the results. However... My Ford vans don't throw codes for misfires and the tests helped me find the misfiring cylinder. Apparently that's one of the tests....depending on the vehicle. Different tests for different vehicles.

ALSO....Just out of view below Test Results is GRAPHING. you can use that to log a parameter on a graph. You can also do this in a graph in Real-time Information but the GRAPHING feature can show you more detail and over a longer period of time. The amount of "time" displayed in Real-time Information graphs is short so the separate Graphing feature is helpful at times. Especially for things like for instance testing your MAF

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
Also you can see I downloaded Track Recorder separately. It's an add on plug in. Let's you shoot video with your phone camera and allows you to set up a custom gauge display in your video so you can watch video later and see the gauges in real-time. Kinda cool. Doesn't work quite as good as I'd like, but does work and is cool for free.

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
Sweet, thanks @DaveSpecB15

I am mainly looking for idle rpm and timing adjustments. I do like the gauges on torque pro, much better than car gauge pro. But, car gauge pro has adjustments that I want.
car gauge pro will let you set timing plus or minus 2* max, and idle up to (IIRC) 150% of what the tune calls for. Side note, car gauge idle adjustments are NOT automatically cleared with an uprev tune. Joe had a hell of a time lowering my idle on my last tune until I told him that I had it set for something like 70% increase over the tune (~850 rpm) with the uprev tune he did, my idle was around 1100 rpm until he cleared out the car gauge pro settings.

421 - 440 of 444 Posts