A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Having a crank but no start issue with my 2006 Sentra 1.8. It shut off while driving. My first thought was crank or cam sensor, so I changed both without luck. I then checked all my fuses, and they were all good. Moved some relays around and still no change.
From there I went to coil spark (which I tested with a spark tester), injector pulse (which I tested with a noid light). Both of which tested good.
From there I went to fuel, and everything looks good. Relay is clicking, and fuel pump is priming. I even tried starting fluid straight into throttle body and it didn't hit a lick.
One thing I do notice is my tach is not moving at all while cranking the car. I dont know where to go or what to try from here.
Bad ECU, jumped timing, low compression? Where would you guys go from here with the symptoms and solutions that I have tried? Thank you for any suggestions as I know this seems to be a common problem with these cars.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Have you searched the forum and read this previous post ?

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
If fuel and spark have been for sure confirmed, you would have to go to a compression check. That should tell all one way or another. But first just to be super sure, check actual value of fuel pressure.15 psi will will have visual fuel pressure but not enough compression for fuel injectors. It does happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If fuel and spark have been for sure confirmed, you would have to go to a compression check. That should tell all one way or another. But first just to be super sure, check actual value of fuel pressure.15 psi will will have visual fuel pressure but not enough compression for fuel injectors. It does happen.
Thank you for the reply. Should the car at least tried to fire with the starting fluid? If so, I might have another issue. Also, when cranking the tack doesn't move. I was thinking if it jumped time, the compression readings could be off. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you searched the forum and read this previous post ?
Thank you for your reply. I will check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts