A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '05 Spec V is completely stock, and I will be getting an exhaust on Monday at a Local shop.

I'm getting 2.5" piping off the cat going to a Magnaflow muffler, no resonator.

My thing is, I want a nice rumble (deep, low tone) - no rasp in the higher RPM, but I still want it to sound good if I do decide to step on it. Should I have them put a resonator on? If so, will it still sound louder than stock?

Thanks.

·
39,073 Posts
I think that it would be louder than stock, but the resonator is a must for a better tone and keeping the decibels down a bit.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Get a resonator. the biggest one you can find. i have a 26" magnaflow resonator and a magnaflow muffler. had to weld a cat it because it was too loud. still kinda loud but atleast its managable

·
Registered
331 Posts
You're completely stock? As in, still have the stock header? If you still have that on there, I would rather spend the money getting a header instead to save the car from potential engine damage.

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
yes get a resonator....crush bent piping i assume :nono:
This. Don't get crush bent piping unless performance is not an issue for you, it will flow significantly less than a mandrel bent setup (3" crush flows like 2.25" mandrel FYI).
You can get a mandrel piping set online that your shop can weld to whatever muffler and resonator you decide on, which IMO is the cheapest way to get a quality exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts