A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So stupid me ordered a cv axle off Amazon and went solely by the description instead of checking the photos. They sent me one with an ABS ring attached but my sentra is non abs. You think there's any way to use the new axle still or should I just send it back and search for the non abs one?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and oddly enough, the part number from GSP is the same for both abs and non abs. The stock one i took out has a smooth ring instead of this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update...i ended up tracking down the manufacturer. Its the same shaft for both the abs and non abs model...even though the ring makes it a lot bigger on the wheel hub side. Installed and just barely clears but no issues so far.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Doesnt matter if the abs ring is there or not for non abs. Wont interfere, there is just no abs sensor.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think im scratching my head more now on why there wouldn't be ABS standard on a 2006 vehicle....

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Brembos didn't get ABS if I remember correctly. It was an option at the time, and was just becoming a standard thing. I don't have it on mine, one less thing to fail. I've never been a fan of ABS for me, but for everyone else, just shuttling back and forth, yeah, its a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
Mine didn't have ABS, back then it was still an option, and I'm glad for that. And you are correct that Brembo equipped Specs didn't have ABS.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I actually just installed a CV axle and new knuckle spindle that were both set up for ABS, but as its only the one side, I cut the wire to the abs and left the sensor in to keep the hole where it would be still plugged up. It's still safe to use the axle with abs you just wont get the benefit of what that ring does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts