A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys.
auto parts store saying theres a big n a small cv joint.

is there any way to tell which without removing ? thx
b15 4wd old model

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
...... this is to early for me reading things like this.... yes..... look at them, one side is different from the other.... in fact you don't have to look at them, look where the tranny is located.... figure it out from there....

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
...... this is to early for me reading things like this.... yes..... look at them, one side is different from the other.... in fact you don't have to look at them, look where the tranny is located.... figure it out from there....
ik the diff between cv joint and an TRIPOD!!
stop trying to be an arse.
the cv joint ITSELF ..the guy says theres 2 sizes!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
He's being literal, not an arse.

Look at the transmission, look in the bay. You literally see one thats long and one thats short....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's being literal, not an arse.

Look at the transmission, look in the bay. You literally see one thats long and one thats short....
ur the one whos not listening.
The auto stores in my country saying theres TWO (2) CV JOINTS IN "your language OUTTER CV JOINT)
im not refering to whether i need outter or inner.
in my country everyone says cv joint means outter. and everyone says TRIPOD for INNER CV Joint.

NOW my question IS.
HOW to determine If my vehicle is either SMALL CV JOINT!
OR BIG CV JOINT!
the term use in all the stores are they carry big ones or small ones and again I DONT MEAN OUTTER AND INNER~!
and it have NOTHING to do with which axle is small or longer as what youre saying Tritton, as BOTH axles carry SAME size cv joint...

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Link, we can't do anything for you with this...lost in translation issue...are you rebuilding a complete axle and what is a tripod?

There are 4 types of cv joints/axles/half-shaft, 2 short and 2 long, 2 are for a manual and the other 2 are for autos.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Link, we can't do anything for you with this...lost in translation issue...are you rebuilding a complete axle and what is a tripod?

There are 4 types of cv joints/axles/half-shaft, 2 short and 2 long, 2 are for a manual and the other 2 are for autos.
omg... seriously?
outter cv joint for crying out loud.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
LOL, Maybe he's talking about diameter?

OP maybe you need one of eace, one big(long) for the passenger, and one small(short) for the drivers side

There is no outer or inner to us, just drivers side and passenger side.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, Maybe he's talking about diameter?

OP maybe you need one of eace, one big(long) for the passenger, and one small(short) for the drivers side

There is no outer or inner to us, just drivers side and passenger side.
OMG
You Guys are confusing yourself with AXLES..
thats NOT CV JOINT. cv joint holds the wheel hub in place with bearing. with a 28-34mm nut that also rotates as the wheel turns.
thats THE CV JOINT. and BOTH sides are EXACT. BUT theres 2 versions. a big and a small...
btw i got tru just now...
b15 4wd uses big cv joints

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
We don't live on google here bruh. It's ironic you're here talking shit, when you're the one here asking questions cause you can't figure it out yourself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We don't live on google here bruh. It's ironic you're here talking shit, when you're the one here asking questions cause you can't figure it out yourself.
dude...you're the one talking shit when im asking a question pertaining CV JOINTS/Velocity Joints and you guys talking about axles and tripods.. hell u dont even know what's a tripod...smh.... thats the part that goes into the tranny cup btw....
and F.Y.I... i rebuild my own cars and i do my own paint restoration and rewiring and my own music installs. and own my own auto body garage. i only ask this question because i didnt know whether the b15 4wd velocity joint was big or small... and i didnt wanted to remove it and reattach it and go buy it and then come back and do it all over again..

like i said guys for anyone who needed help... its BIG CV JOINT for 4wd b15.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
There is no b15/n16 that is 4wd/awd, the only one that is close to a frame comparison isn't even offered in the US (is in Canada) and that the x-trail.

• Haha
Reactions: abraham2nd

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Also, your nomenclature/terminology isn't right comparatively, I have never heard anyone call what you call a tripod and what you call the the cv joint is not the cv joint.

• Haha
Reactions: abraham2nd

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is no b15/n16 that is 4wd/awd, the only one that is close to a frame comparison isn't even offered in the US (is in Canada) and that the x-trail.
dude.. my b15 IS 4wd!!!! and there have quite a few! do your research before making accusations.
and that so call "side joint assembly/slide joint housing" is also known as CV joint/Velocity joint. HELL in my country nobody even knows its called a side joint..... everyone knows it as velocity joint.

and that "spider Assembly" is also known as a TRIPOD. again, nobody knows it as that in my country.
you come in my country and ask for any of those i guarantee they gonna be asking you what thats for.

please do your research before because this website is mainly for b15 and you dont even know they have b15 4wd
a simple google "4wd b15" > "axle Tripod" > "cv joint or even velocity joint" WILL SHOW LOTS of results of exactly what im talking about.
F.Y.I im from the Caribbean island Trinidad

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
I grow tired of you cherry picking words to fit your narrative, read the compete statement ass or are you unable to comprehend... offered in the US, common sense dictates that we don't have an awd option and no where did i explicitly say it didn't exist.

Every where else is not your country, I have worked with other people from other countries on other forums trying to help them out with better results then trying to work with you and their English was not the greatest but we made a better effort on trying to find common ground, this includes any "slang" terminology for parts and tools.

There is clearly a disconnect and the more you assume we should know what is a common term that is from your country the less we can help you, as is what has obviously happened in this thread... I'm no longer going to waste my time, you find your answer and that's all that matters.

What you refer to as a b15 is also referred as a p11 and I'm not sure why we don't recognize it as a b15/n16, might be more along the lines of the chassis being more related to a g20 with the time period falling out with a overlap of the b15/n16 time line.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Lol, yeah, uhm why would I worry about a part is called in a third world country. We're not asking you about stuff in your country. You're asking us. We don't have a 4wd/awd here, we also don't have n16's here. And that's okay.

When I look for part like the Almera center console, or the Almera passenger side vent, that actually opens and closes, opposed to the ones on the b15 here, I don't get irate for them calling it a center console, opposed to a center bin.

Again, you're so smart, why are you here instead of fixing your tripod yourself?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm in AUS and I know though I have the QR25DE in my Xtrail that some things are called differently in the US than here, so I explicitly explain where the part is located to give people on this US-based forum a better understanding to help know what I am asking or referring to.

If you are so knowledgable and work on your own car, why don't you have a copy of the service manual so you can look up the part for yourself to know exactly what you want ? A lot of times I find going to a spares place the person there has to know so many vehicles that they get confused or give incorrect information.

Being abusive because someone in another country does not know all the variants of your vehicle sold elsewhere will not help getting answers either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts