A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sort of torn on this header. The construction is excellent; all the welds line up nicely, they are very neat and tidy, and it comes ceramic coated so your engine bay temperatures stay decent. You also don't have to buy a mid pipe because they supply everything you need to bolt it up to the catback.

The problem, is the 4-2-1 design being less efficient than the 4-1, and as a result an eBay header will probably make more power with an aftermarket mid pipe. So if you don't mind making less power, but want something that's made better, I'd recommend the DC.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
i have had mine for 75k, the weak point is the flex pipe IMO

i love it, everything bolts/lines up perfect and ports all matched...

you know that saying "you get what you pay for" and i would make this purchase again

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i had the nismo intake...dc sports 4-2-1 header with a megan catback...i raced the same year specv as mine(2002) with a nismo intke...megan header and midpipe with megan catback and i always whooped his ass ...

·
Banned
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had the nismo intake...dc sports 4-2-1 header with a megan catback...i raced the same year specv as mine(2002) with a nismo intke...megan header and midpipe with megan catback and i always whooped his ass ...
Variances in compression and driving ability would account for that.

·
Banned
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
153 Posts
that's b/c the 4-2-1 headers make more torque than the 4-1 headers. flip side is that the 4-1 headers make more hp.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i have had mine for 75k, the weak point is the flex pipe IMO

i love it, everything bolts/lines up perfect and ports all matched...

you know that saying "you get what you pay for" and i would make this purchase again
I totally agree, weak point is the flex pipe I have that problem now with the dc headers.........:mad::(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi! Does anybody know what is the size of that flex pipe? Mine is gone (for the 3rd time) but this time I'm not taking it to maneikee because they suck.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hi! Does anybody know what is the size of that flex pipe? Mine is gone (for the 3rd time) but this time I'm not taking it to maneikee because they suck.
Flex pipes are useless and always fail, just get a piece of pipe welded in there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts