A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
you can up to 100 shot, then you need timing and built internals. make sure you have 1 step colder plugs.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i/h/e, 1 step colder plugs, some gauges to moniter stuff, and basic wet kit is all u need... i would also suggest doing research and getting to know how nitrous works and the do's/don'ts, this way it'll save you from blowing your qr....

·
Banned
4,402 Posts
Yes it makes a massive difference.

I wouldn't recommend the 100 shot. That's on the edge of what is possible, and leaves you open to problems.

I suggest a 75 shot.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
i had a 100 shot in my car and also J(splash45) had a 100 shot for two years...u dnt need internals jus retard timing 1 step colder plugs n bolt ons....u jus gotta have the n2o tuned properly

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it makes a massive difference.

I wouldn't recommend the 100 shot. That's on the edge of what is possible, and leaves you open to problems.

I suggest a 75 shot.
So a 75 shot would be safe and makes a real difference!? that,s pretty interresting

·
Banned
4,402 Posts
Any shot will make a difference. The whole 'shot' concept is how much horsepower it adds.

No offense, but if you don't know and understand exactly what you're working with here you could either end up blowing your motor, or worse.

Take the time to learn everything about the product you're about to install.

·
Registered
435 Posts
:D and be aware the first time you hit the juice, that lil kid in you surfaces and goes all kinds o crazy. mine did :biggrin:

·
Registered
945 Posts
n20 is perfectly safe on a qr if you take the right procautions.....
rpm window timer/ safe cut off switch/ wideband/ ect..
I ran a 100whp for 6 months with no problems...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any shot will make a difference. The whole 'shot' concept is how much horsepower it adds.

No offense, but if you don't know and understand exactly what you're working with here you could either end up blowing your motor, or worse.

Take the time to learn everything about the product you're about to install.
Yes I'll read as much I can on nitrous before going into it. And I'll do it the right way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Im running a 75 and that is pretty safe... just get your timing retarded and learn to read spark plugs or get a friend to learn.... I'm not able to take out any more timing and honestly at a 75shot its close... I may try uprev stuff to see what i can do

·
Registered
26 Posts
i know this is an old thread sorry but i have one question im running a 50 shot dryshot if i do a 75 shot do i need a tune and how do i retard my timing thanks

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
this question is the same as asking will a turbo on stock internals blow my motor.......tons of variables....yes you can, yes it can, learn what how stuff works before you put things on your car.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i know this is an old thread sorry but i have one question im running a 50 shot dryshot if i do a 75 shot do i need a tune and how do i retard my timing thanks
to retard the timing, you will need to go to a dealer or whoever has a consult. Running a 75 shot is no different than running a 50 shot--it's all in the tune and whatever safety precautions that you use. People have been running nitrous for years without any major problems because they were smart, cautious and patient.

·
Registered
479 Posts
First off, dry shots are bad juju with the spec v since we dont have a return fuel system. May I ask how you are supplying needed extra fuel when spraying?

Second, you need a tune with every shot, AND I DONT MEAN AN SAFC TUNE. You tune with the jets, which also determine the size shot you want. Too rich? Larger nitrous jet/smaller fuel jet. Too lean? Smaller nitrous jet/bigger fuel jet.

Third, yes. For anything above a 50 shot it is recommend to retard your timing 2 degrees. You can do this at the dealer or by using a consult/cipher.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts