A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the process of restoring my 03' Spec V after a recent accident. Both passenger doors have sustained body damage so they will need to be replaced. As far as I understand, my car has the factory anti-theft system included. I wanted to know what's the difference between and anti-theft an non anti-theft door for this car. Also would it be possible to buy a non anti-theft door and simply swap in all the parts from the old door?

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
Doors don't matter, it's the controls.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So if I pull the doors from a regular b15 with no anti-theft, everything will work the same?
the metal door itself is the same. If your worried, just swap out the guts of the door. You have to take it apart to put your key cyl in there anyway so your key still works.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
Guts are the same as well, or should be from what I remember due to the harness being the same... and yes, you would need to transfer the tumbler from the current door.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Should be just a straight swap

·
Registered
147 Posts
Please read carefully if you need imagery please ask...

mid your motor has NVIS / NATS then you will have one small two wire harness clipped on the backside of your driver door lock.

Once you remove the door panel you will find a BROWN HARNESS CONNECTION midway left to right but lower on the door this is for the NVIS / NATS operation and valet mode bypass this is a OEM only part you will not find it at PepBoys DO NOT FUCKING RIP IT OFF THE BACK OF THE LOCK it is retained by plastic clips integral to the piece.

wanna see what it looks like closer before you attempt to gently with a small long flat blade driver before you prepare to remove it? Open your boot lid and look on the inward facing BACK SIDE of the actual lock another one is located there with a electrical power harness affixed to it also but that will enable you a closer look 👀

also there should be two OEM zip ties securing it and you must release these also, be gentle? You PHUKED it up cool, A33B will always have one in driver drop on you can get at junkyard ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts