A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I have tryied to get info on the differences between k2 k3 ecu. Since k2 it's a 2letters word, ECU a 3letters word... the search engine on some forum just doesn't allow such search because they are too short. I need to see if my sentra that has a k3 inside could run with a k2. I have a manual trans and I have a red light flashing beside my steering wheel, but it's is always flashing even when the car is running and the first owner told me that he deactivated the anti-theft. I don't even know how it used to work.
My problem is that sometime I think my engine is running on 3 cylinders (lack of power, and it sounds like it), it only do that for a couple of second. So I never have had the chance to go in my engine bay and disconnect each spark plug to see which one it is... anyway, my SES light blinks during that time and stays up after. I can't read the code with obdII readers, I have tryied mine and one the a repair shop and none worked.

And I did flood the engine twice just by trying to start the engine... Now I just wait until it turns, even if it takes 3-4seconds.

So I now have in my car a k3 ECU. I have a separate ECU : k2. Can I just try it and see if the motor run? Or will I run into a lot of problem? Anyone has info about those ecu please?

Merci

Mathieu Paquin

·
Registered
21,701 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see... so I guess i would just loose my time trying the k3/k2 swap... because I don't think my car is equipped with NATS
Where does the 5L is coming from?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,701 Posts

·
Registered
21,701 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright. Where is the 5L coming from? If I don't find any k3, I might have to have a look at the 5L. Why do they have diffrent names? What is the difference between the k3 and 5L.

Thanks a lot! I really couldn't find any info, so I'm glad you answered me

Thanks for your time

Matt

·
Registered
21,701 Posts

·
6,866 Posts
Dang. Jon becoming an ECU database... :D

He's got it right though.

To sum up:

K2 = 02 non nats 5sp SER ECU