A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have the p7 ecu in my 04 spec v, I've come to the realization it's kind of difficult to find a replacement since mine is shot due to a bad trans ground wire. I was wondering if anyone had any input on getting a 2J tuned ecu but seeing as I only have basic bolt ons would this be a waste of money? I have a Nismo 2.5" cat back with a Nismo header and a aem CAI, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
May I ask how you know the ECU is bad? What are the symptoms? Just curious

It wouldnt be a waste of time to get a tuned ecu imo. You wont get crazy gains from a bolt on tune but it will make your car run at its very best. Im hoping to get mine reflashed when I have the money. Im just bolt-on too, just my 2 sense.

Does 2jr sell ECU's? Wonder how much they sell them for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My trans ground wire had broken of due to normal wear and tear, I didn't notice it for the longest time and eventually it started randomly mis firing and blistering my coil packs, from what I've read the trans ground wire blistering coil packs is a common spec issue, if you have any other information is greatly appreciate it. I've redone the ground wire and replaced the coil packs and it'll run ok for alittle and then start mis firing again.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hummm very interesting. My spec recently misfired then would work, wondering if I have the same issue.

The shop I trust looked at it and said the ECU could be the culprit which would suck. They swapped my coils around and my misfire went away so I drove it to work with no issue today. So maybe its a ground issue as you said. I even have a ground kit on my car! I'm going from battery to trans on top of what I have now just to be safe I think.

I have backup coils just in case it starts misfiring but I really want to figure this out asap too.

If your car is misfiring after repairing the ground wire I suspect it could be your ECU is damaged. Ive seen some on ebay but I'm curious if 2jr sells them. Anyone else know?

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Yes you can get an ECU from 2j, but it isn't gonna be your cheapest option.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
How much do they sell them for? Guess it depends on if its reflashed by 2j or not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hummm very interesting. My spec recently misfired then would work, wondering if I have the same issue.

The shop I trust looked at it and said the ECU could be the culprit which would suck. They swapped my coils around and my misfire went away so I drove it to work with no issue today. So maybe its a ground issue as you said. I even have a ground kit on my car! I'm going from battery to trans on top of what I have now just to be safe I think.

I have backup coils just in case it starts misfiring but I really want to figure this out asap too.

If your car is misfiring after repairing the ground wire I suspect it could be your ECU is damaged. Ive seen some on ebay but I'm curious if 2jr sells them. Anyone else know?
Yeah apparently according to my research it's a pretty common spec v issue, I've come to the conclusion to just send my ecu in to get repaired, it's the Cheapest most cost effective option I have come across. I've only heard of it happening from a bad trans ground though, but unfortunately I can assure you the mis fire will come back

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
I'm sure people are selling the 04+ ecu for sell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts