A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an Eibach Pro Kit almost a year ago and the rear started getting really bouncy maybe a few weeks ago. I also noticed some leakage from the struts. Does anyone think I just have a couple bad struts as in defective or do you think the Pro Kit did it??? Thanks in advance. :confused:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Prokits are stiff as hell. I think you should have chose a slightly stronger strut.
I have Tein S Techs on my struts and they ride very nicely.
If you want good struts go for Koni Yellows.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
^My bad, that's what I meant

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put on the exact same setup like less than a month ago, and the ride is garbage :( I feel EVERYTHIG, as though my suspension is shot... is that normal?
I don't have a problem with the ride (except the damn bouncing in the back due to the struts, which is what NAPA says they are on all four corners) I just cant believe these struts are shot before a year has gone by.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
S Techs are lower and a lil softer.
Coming from 1.8 springs to S Techs is a great improvement for me, since the 1.8 springs are softer than a Spec V's factory springs.
Some people with Specs don't like the Teins that much, saying that the increase in spring rate isn't high enough for the drop.
I think you should look for new shocks and struts more than new springs.

·
Premium Member
11,452 Posts
Pro Kits have excellent rates IMO. If your struts/shocks are worn out, the ride quality will be terrible regardless of springs.

Also, they don't make "longer" struts.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Theres a thread about these shocks and struts: STAGG 4 NEW SHOCKS STRUTS NISSAN SENTRA SER & SPECV 02 - 06
We're still waiting on someone to try them out. They're cheaper than KYBs. If I had a Spec V, I probably wouldn't buy them, but I don't. :icon16:
I'm saving for Spec V KYBs, since mine are for the 1.8 and not as stiff

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Pro Kits have excellent rates IMO. If your struts/shocks are worn out, the ride quality will be terrible regardless of springs.

Also, they don't make "longer" struts.
I said stronger struts. And I think Pro Kits are great for a Spec V. But I couldn't deal with them coming from 1.8 spring rates

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry for bumping an old thread but the KYB struts i believe are the same stiffness for the base and the SpecV. I think so because I bought the base model set thinking that they were all interchangeable. The only difference is that one of the studs is longer so that it can reach through the strut bar. That was the only difference I could find.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.