A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall. I used the forum search as best as I could to find some info on this but came up short. Hope someone has some insight.

I have a boosted a built QR25DE 02 Spec V that has been sitting for 5+ years so the fuel in the tank is bad. Should have put Stabil in earlier; lesson learned.

I wanna know if anyone has tried the method of using the fuel pump relay to pump the gas out of the tank. Similar to this video. I replaced the fuel pump myself (damn thing was hard to fit into the fuel pump assembly) so I know that the assembly/pump are under the rear seats. What line would I need to remove under the hood to pump the gas out?

The car is headed to a tuning shop soon but I want to remove the fuel and put some fresh fuel in there before it gets to the shop. I recently tried to start the car for some silly reason so I'm slightly concerned about the bad gas ruining the Walbro 255 pump I have in there while the car waits 2-3 weeks for the shop to start on it. It would also be nice to be able to start the car even briefly so I can drive it onto a car dolly/get it out of the garage for the tow person.

Any advice? I tried siphoning but most cars from the mid 90s and later won't really let you run a tube all the way down into the fuel tank

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Pull the pump out and just siphon from there.

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
I used a pump and hose from harbor freight. Emptied that beeeitch out in 30 minutes. It was a full tank too! Make sure to dispose of properly. Most city's gave ordnances that help you find where to send it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shit. That is great advice it's not hard to get to. Wish me luck sucking up that turpentine smelling stuff tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
I ran power and ground straight from the battery to the appropriate pins in the pump assembly harnessand disconnected the line to the fuel rail, or run a line from the pump out put line.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
There are a few ways to do it. Best way imo is to pull the pump assembly for access and use a jumpbox or something on a spare bare pump and hose to pump out. Set and forget.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im about to try using the pump to get it all out, I've got the fuel pump assembly exposed and ready. There's 4 pins/slots in the fuel relay so Im unsure which to fill but process of elimination should be easy. Hoping this is as easy as it seems!!! Cricki did it so its clearly possible :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So after only siphoning out about 2/5 gallons in the tank, I finally found the appropriate relay to have the fuel pump do the work. That relay is a pain in the ass to get to. I got to the relay eventually, plugged 1 set of pins, tried the other set, and tried plugging both pins. The pump doesn't wanna come online now whereas before the pump would prime as it normally would upon turning the key. The fuel pump assembly harness is reading though because the instrument cluster showed how much gas was in the tank still.

If I had more space I could get this thing up on jack stands to siphon properly but I can't right now so I'm a bit stuck getting this shit out. How could I find out where to run power to the pump assembly? Like the way Cricki did.

Any chance my 02/06 Uprev ECU conversion kit job thing has anything to do with this not working?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts