A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should probably read the codes, but Id thought Id ask and see if it was an identifiable issue. My engine would do a weird hiccup-like hesitation under acceleration when i held the throttle down about half way when this problem first started. I didn't really think much of it at the time and it was tolerable but now its much worse. From a stop, the engine will be patchy with acceleration and barely run. no matter where I am in the throttle, sometimes it just doesnt accelerate for multiple seconds and will have short and periodic half-a-second moments of acceleration, like its hiccuping. I noticed that revving the engine in neutral doesnt seem to be a problem, but having the clutch down and revving while in gear is still a problem. its at its worst when the throttle is halfway down, but sometimes just wont accelerate with my foot on the floor. Its barely noticeable sometimes but other times the car can barely accelerate. It seems to idle fine and rev fine. I was thinking that the injectors might be clogged or something. I have a aftermarket exhaust from manifold to muffler, but im pretty sure the seals are tight. but if they weren't would it cause this much of a problem? Any input would be appreciated, and I can answer any questions!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Reading the codes would get to the problem quicker, but off the top it sounds like a throttle body or ignition issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts