A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey guys, I'm back. I ended up ordering a used engine. It arrived yesterday and I've begun looking it over today. Here are the pictures of the identification tags, what caught my eye is the one on the used engine is angled differently.

Here is a picture of my original engines ID tag.

View attachment 175038

And here is a picture of the used engines ID tag.

View attachment 175039

Should this difference deter me? I might seem nitpicky but I'd love to catch anything before I install it in the car.
I've noticed its the black plastic intake manifold on this one, and the power steering pump has a sensor coming off of the main line.

Thoughts guys?

Thank you all for the help so far
Can you take a picture of the intake manifold?
Wanna make sure it’s a QR25DE and not a QR25DD

·
Registered
2003 Nissan Spec V Nismo
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey fellas! I return again. Finally getting some more time to tear into it. I checked the stroke today and its the same as the old engine so I'm going to continue onwards. Been spending the day looking into it and picked up some parts I needed. Put a new pulley on the belt tensioner, cleaned up and sprayed some paint on my old power steering mounts and tomorrow the power steering pump reseal kit comes in which should be fun. I figure I might as well fix it while it's easy to access. I'm gonna hit as much as I can tonight, then continue some more tomorrow. Thank you all for the help you've given me so far. I'd be lost if it wasn't for you all.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts