A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
always wandered what they could be doing to their rides, maybe something they do could help us. this may be a mute point but just wandered. any info or links?

·
39,082 Posts
I think that there are subtle changes between the domestic and foreign sentras that hinders us from doing the same thing.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like port styles/sizes? or mounting locations?

·
39,082 Posts
For one, they use more of the SR engines.

Also, most of them are right hand drives. You could try looking it up, but I don't think that you will find alot of things that are either not already done or can't be done due to compatibility.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The QG18DE and the QG16DE are popular engines outside of the US. I think the QR is mainly a North American engine. Theres some people outside of the US with super charged and turbo charged QGs with pretty good success. Im not sure if theres any sites or anything. There were some non US QG guys that were either super or turbo charged on QG18DE.NET, but that forum is now gone :(

The QG engines are exactly the same as ours. So if it works for their engines it'll work with ours. The body styles vary, from 4 doors to even some coupes! There's no such thing as a Sentra in australia, europe/aisa etc. They're called sunnys, almeras, and i cant remember the rest lol. The body/chassis style is totally different so anything body/suspension may not work. For example here's an N16 (2000-2006) Nissan Almera coupe with the QG18, pretty cool.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i got suspension down pretty good, i just thought they might have better performance upgrades that may give out better numbers then what is available to us

·
Registered
23 Posts
The only vehicle that has a qr25de in europe is the x-trail (suv). You don't see many of those either because 95% of the x-trails have diesel engines. I've been looking into raising my redline and I've contacted numerous tuner shops across Europe and when I mention I have a qr they are like "Say what? Sorry, can't help you". Pretty depressing...

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
The only vehicle that has a qr25de in europe is the x-trail (suv). You don't see many of those either because 95% of the x-trails have diesel engines. I've been looking into raising my redline and I've contacted numerous tuner shops across Europe and when I mention I have a qr they are like "Say what? Sorry, can't help you". Pretty depressing...

You're with the army or something? How did you get a Spec all the way to Bulgaria?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
23 Posts
In a container :biggrin: That's called LOVE.

I spent 8 years in the US, got a BBA, stayed for a few years after that trying to get a green card and when my DL expired I decided not to mess with the INS and left.
I paid off what I owed on the car ( got it brand new in 2005 ) and took it with me. I came home with a backpack, 2 suitcases, and my Spec :biggrin:

·
Registered
21,701 Posts

I spent 8 years in the US, got a BBA, stayed for a few years after that trying to get a green card and when my DL expired I decided not to mess with the INS and left.
I paid off what I owed on the car ( got it brand new in 2005 ) and took it with me. I came home with a backpack, 2 suitcases and my Spec :biggrin:
Wow, what a story, I bet it's pretty damn cool just knowing that you have the only one of something in the whole damn country!

Since you have an 05 have you considered Uprev? 2J can remote tune it if your local dyno is connected to the internet.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,985 Posts

I paid off what I owed on the car ( got it brand new in 2005 ) and took it with me. I came home with a backpack, 2 suitcases and my Spec :biggrin:
im sorry but that is BADASS :rambo:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

I paid off what I owed on the car ( got it brand new in 2005 ) and took it with me. I came home with a backpack, 2 suitcases, and my Spec :biggrin:
this may help you.

Hi from the UK

also the QR20DE engine is very similar to the QR25 in terms of interchangeable parts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
this may help you.

Hi from the UK

also the QR20DE engine is very similar to the QR25 in terms of interchangeable parts.
I contacted that guy, he wasn't sure if he could help me out, wanted me to send him the ECU to play with it first. I think it will be cheaper to send it to a US shop when I'm ready.
I've been thinking of putting the qr20 pistons in since we do have higher octane gas here, but I don't think it's high enough to eliminate the knock issues.
The highest octane here is 100, but the formula they use in EU is different than the one they use in the US. I think EU 100 ~ US 95.

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
I contacted that guy, he wasn't sure if he could help me out, wanted me to send him the ECU to play with it first and quoted me something along the lines of $700-800. I think it will be cheaper to send it to a US shop when I'm ready.
I've been thinking of putting the qr20 pistons in since we do have higher octane gas here, but I don't think it's high enough to eliminate the knock issues.
The highest octane here is 100, but the formula they use in EU is different than the one they use in the US. I think EU 100 ~ US 95.

Buy this, it's a sweet deal!

http://www.b15u.com/parts-sale/19248-gi-turbonetics-kit-osiris-flashed-ecu-if-wanted.html#post290819

·
Registered
23 Posts
The whole time I've owned the car I've been prepping it for a turbo kit. I so regret not doing it when I had the chance. I put a walbro 255, clutchmasters stg 3 and fidanza flywheel, safc (boost hack), zeitronix, Greddy cat-back, etc. That bitch is ready for the snail :D

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
The whole time I've owned the car I've been prepping it for a turbo kit. I so regret not doing it when I had the chance. I put a walbro 255, clutchmasters stg 3 and fidanza flywheel, safc (boost hack), zeitronix, Greddy cat-back, etc. That bitch is ready for the snail :D

I say do it bro.

http://www.b15u.com/parts-sale/19248-gi-turbonetics-kit-osiris-flashed-ecu-if-wanted.html#post290819

Don't make me post that link again...haha.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts