A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
if i wanna ship to my country (barbados) theres like a 90% duty fee. and if youre a born citizen, youre allowed to bring back two cars, so if i live long enough to retire ill send back something brand new. but ill take the engine and tranny out and ship it separately. ;)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I contacted that guy, he wasn't sure if he could help me out, wanted me to send him the ECU to play with it first. I think it will be cheaper to send it to a US shop when I'm ready.
I've been thinking of putting the qr20 pistons in since we do have higher octane gas here, but I don't think it's high enough to eliminate the knock issues.
The highest octane here is 100, but the formula they use in EU is different than the one they use in the US. I think EU 100 ~ US 95.
by the time you send it to the US and pay customs and shipping you will pay more. US$700 is fair market for the program and license. 95 octane would be more than enough for the higher compression along with the ability to tune fuel/timing maps with the Uprev.

Qr20 parts are directly compatible with Qr25 engines. so anything you find in EU for primeras or similar should work.

you can contact Uprev directly for them to check if your ECU is supported. they are slowly building up their database on Sentra ecus.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
if i wanna ship to my country (barbados) theres like a 90% duty fee. and if youre a born citizen, youre allowed to bring back two cars, so if i live long enough to retire ill send back something brand new. but ill take the engine and tranny out and ship it separately. ;)
why you wanna ship them separately?

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
why you wanna ship them separately?
lets say if i buy a brand new g37, 40k plus about 37 k in duties, 77k, ship it separately, its not a running car brings the duty charges down to lower than half. my uncle did that with a brand new toyota 4 runner and ended up paying only about 15k in taxes on the motor and car ;)

so in total ill be about 60k, saves ~17k

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
lets say if i buy a brand new g37, 40k plus about 37 k in duties, 77k, ship it separately, its not a running car brings the duty charges down to lower than half. my uncle did that with a brand new toyota 4 runner and ended up paying only about 15k in taxes on the motor and car ;)

so in total ill be about 60k, saves ~17k
interesting, it seems different places have different policies. For me i can carless wahahha cuz we have over-stock JDM motors right now...too much VVL....

so you still can have them in a same container right? or must be in different container? I know a fact is, if you can ship everything in one container which can save you good amount of money.

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
well i dunno, he shipped the shell first then the motor and tranny about a month later. in the caribbean we get a lot of foreign used cars as well, but since barbados is a smaller island, the larger islands such as trinidad and jamaica get the pick of the litter. and most of the skylines aka g35's ive seen in the caribbean were the 250gt ones.

and it would still be cheaper for me to buy a g37 up here and ship it than to buy one there. a mazda 3 4dr sedan goes for about 40k US, just to give you an example

but as far as the racing scene goes, a 300whp n/a vq sentra would be one of the quickest cars down there for a fwd car. a lot of people have peugot turbos, turbo starlets, vvl primeras etc.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts