A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra ser spec v with the e-bay exhaust package. lol I have DNA headers 4-1 and the cat back exhaust system. I've had it on my car for more that 7 years etc no problems. I know that the infamous P0037 code will trip and that a spark plug fouler modifications can help with code since I have aftermarket headers. Just the other day upon starting my car it was idling very rough , i open the engine bay and noticed smoke coming from the headers area and engine was shaking. I drove it and it was bogging down very low power in acceleration, its like I had to keep down shifting for the rpms to get back up. I drove it home the ran my scanner which came up with P0303 misfire and the P0037 code which was given since i haven't put the fouler on. I had a bad coil on the 3rd cylinder before so i just replaced all packs to be sure. To cover everything i bought new 02 sensors for bank 1 and 2 and new spark plugs. took it for a ride it ran good.

But i am still wondering about the smoke. I sprayed soap and water all over the headers hoping i was able to see bubbles a one man job. I could really see anything visible .but no smoke coming from it. I then tried to cover the rear exhaust with a towel when started. For about 20 seconds the car kept running, so there must be a exhaust leak??? I was by myself.. Does it have to be longer like a minute for the car to shut off?? Can you guys pelas4e help what are my other options before going to a shop.

·
Super Moderator
6,586 Posts
Gaskets don't last forever, pull the header and evidence of a leak will be on the flange and gasket.

There is a smoke machine that broke with things like this as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts