A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE (10/14)**

Got the final version tacked up last week, and welded. Jigs are made, and we are waiting for ceramic coating. We plan on starting on dyno testing very soon. We are still looking for test vehicles! PM for details..

This is going to be a really nice setup, and reasonably priced. It will be fabbed up locally, using quality materials made in the USA. It won't be junk metal/fab work from overseas. :) All headers will come with ceramic coating, standard.. no additional charge. All manifolds and mid-pipes will feature back-purged TIG welds, fur uncompromised strength.

I will be able to offer a full exhaust kit, from the header flange, all the way to the muffler tip. Our header features 1.75" x 22" primaries, 3" merge collector, and full 3" mid-pipe, with flex section. We will offer a catalytic converter as an option, as well. Other options include extra o2 sensor bungs for wideband use, and EGT probe bungs for overall, or individual cylinder monitoring.

Travis

After talking to several large fab shops, we've finally nailed down a VERY reputable shop to mass produce our QR25DE equal length header and 3" mid-pipe combo, exclusively. Check them out at (www.stainlessworks.net) . These guys build some very nice stuff, and they are very quick at getting stuff done. Let's face it.. I'm not fast at gettng anything done. :p But, the bottom line, is that I'll have these on the shelf at all times.. and you guys won't have to wait.

Here's some of Stainless Works' stuff, just to show the quality..

Flanges are laser cut, in-house, and they use 100% stainless. Everything is TIG welded, and all welds are back-purged.

They will be using this header as a sample..

From there, it'll be a full 3" mid-pipe, with V-band flanging, a nice flex section, and will bolt up to your cat-back. You will have the option to add a catalytic converter, as well.

The header will have 1.75" primaries, around 24" in length. The tubes will be equal length, with a formed merge collector, and spike inside. These are specifically designed to work with the bigger QR cams, but will work well on any QR.

Dyno testing will commence shortly, and I will be looking for test vehicles. If you are semi-close to our location, I will make it worth your time to come down. You will leave with a new header, at a VERY big discount, and we will cover all dyno time. If you are interested, please read this.. http://www.b15u.com/forced-induction-racing-fi-r/20789-fi-r-looking-qr-header-test-vehicles.html

I will have exact pricing, lead times, etc.. this Friday, after a conference call with their management team. But, from initial discussions, it looks like we're going to be in the ballpark of around $599.00, full retail, for the entire setup. A converter would add around 100 bucks to the price tag.

I am going to set up a group buy in the coming weeks, once the details get ironed out, and we have some dyno figures to work with. If the full retail price sticks, which I'm sure it will.. I will be able to do a group buy price of $519.00, or, $80.00 off of full retail, for 10 sets or more.

If we can move 15+, I'll knock the price down to $499.00

Lead time is 3 weeks, MAX, for 10 sets of headers. These guys stand behind their work, and have assured me that they do not miss deadlines.

So, spread the word! You guys have wanted this for a long time, and I've worked hard to find a reputable manufacturer to get it done.

Travis

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
i volunteer westner as your test car.:biggrin:

Interesting to see how much power is lurking in the QR still. (N/A QR's)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i volunteer westner as your test car.:biggrin:

Interesting to see how much power is lurking in the QR still. (N/A QR's)
Andy and I had gone into great lengths to discuss a QR build, invoicing, etc.. Then I never heard back from him. So, I'm not sure what he's got going on.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will they be a direct bolt in, or do you have to relocate anything in the engine bay?
They are 100% bolt-in, without having to relocate anything.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Andy and I had gone into great lengths to discuss a QR build, invoicing, etc.. Then I never heard back from him. So, I'm not sure what he's got going on.
I apologize for not getting back to you with my final decision, which is to tear down my present engine and fix whatever ails her. I'll be going with a custom head, IM, and custom JE high CR pistons.

I would like nothing better than offering my car a test mule for your new header, except for two things: the motor is not really up to par and Louisiana is a long way to drive from Jersey.

·
Registered
268 Posts
How soon do you need the test car? I have acouple of codes to get rid of but I should be fine later In he week. Either way ill be in for the group buy. Anyone want to buy my nismo header?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I apologize for not getting back to you with my final decision, which is to tear down my present engine and fix whatever ails her. I'll be going with a custom head, IM, and custom JE high CR pistons.

I would like nothing better than offering my car a test mule for your new header, except for two things: the motor is not really up to par and Louisiana is a long way to drive from Jersey.
That sucks to hear Andy!!

Well any one with a built high comp (big) cammed QR Please step up!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
How soon do you need the test car? I have acouple of codes to get rid of but I should be fine later In he week. Either way ill be in for the group buy. Anyone want to buy my nismo header?
Pick me! Pick me! (well, depending on price of course) :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw the equal length and got excited it was a turbo manifold.........oh my disapointment.
Need me to build one for you?

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Pick me! Pick me! (well, depending on price of course) :biggrin:
The price will be $399.00 (200 bucks cheaper than retail). Plus you'll get free installation. AND if you buy a VQ TB, I'll toss in a free VQ TB manifold. You'll need a SAFC to tune with, if it's an 02-03. 04-06 won't need one, but it's highly recommended on ANY vehicle. :)

If you want to upgrade to 3" exhaust (which will give you the full benefit of having a 3" header/mid-pipe in the first place), I'll sell you a cat-back for $379.00, and install it for free.

What are your mods?

Travis

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whenever you're ready.. Preferably within the next 2-3 weeks.

What are your mods?

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

It's ok, Andy.. I figured you were just busy or something. It was good talking to you, and if you ever need anything in the future, please let me know. :)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i live in TN and have a bone stock motor and would make a trip for a free header lol
The deal isn't for a "free" header.. and we're looking for cars with specific mods (cams, full bolt-on's).

1 - 20 of 60 Posts