A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
9lb for all out RR or auto-x
14lb for street and drags
imo
agree completely, with some clarification, there is a big difference in performance driving where you are always shifting at a high rpm and maintaining traction through throttle control, compared to launches (where the momentum of a heavier flywheel will help, you can maintain that high rpm and maintain traction through clutch control), or running to the corner mart. or even just out for a cruise with your lady.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like the 9.9lb is the way to go for my situation.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have to agree that the aluminum ones are too risky imo. When I was looking at them I searched and found more than one case where the aluminum became was too soft and bolts backed out or the holes were widened out. I would always go stainless steel. I have the 9 pounder in my house (no clutch yet), but I have also been heavily debating whether or not to get the 14lb ss in exchange for the 9lb, based on other peoples experiences.

From what I understand my machine shop guy telling me is that you dont need the flywheel on when balancing. The flywheel is already balanced by itself and whatever may be slightly out will be absorbed by the crank pulley. I guess the contrast between a very heavy crankshaft vs a very light flywheel is negligible.

We have very similar builds going. What turbo will you use?
It’s a turbonetics hybrid t3/t4 turbo. I haven’t pulled it out of storage yet.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts