A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so If I was to do an engine swap for the VQ35de which engine should i use for it i have a 02 spec v? I have been looking on ebay at what engines are out there. I have seen some 04 altmia 3.5 vq´s also some vq from the g35´s. does it matter if it is RWD, sorry just have no clue about it. :thinking: lol. What is a good match up. if you find one online if you are lookin send me the link.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You have to get the FWD VQ out of a Maxima, Quest, or Altima.
If your car needs to be codeless then get the non HR VQ's.
Also I hear the 02-03 VQ's have a valve cover that causes oil burn issues, so I would go 04+

·
Registered
413 Posts
im interested in doing a swap when i get some money but have some questions about it. will my spec v tranny bolt up to a vq or do i need a new one? are the mounts the same as on the qr or do you need to fab custom mounts? what about wiring, do you use the stock ecu or one out of a maxima/altima/quest?

basically what all is needed to do a complete vq swap into my spec v?

also, how much do you think my 2.5L would be worth which runs like a champ with no oil burn and only 50,000 miles on it? cuz if it will offset the cost by a decent amount i would be willing to sell my old engine and do this over summer for sure.

·
Registered
205 Posts
its the rings that is correct.. and if ur gonna go with a 04+ motor ur gonna need to get new 02 sensors which brand new from the dealer cost me a few hundred and i get amazing deals at nissan.

·
Registered
197 Posts
vq swap need maxima Ecu and Tranny Bellhousing . not sure which tranny guts they use . but i know mine had a Spec V LSD installed .

Also the QR motor wont be worth too much :/ not much demand for them compared to other motors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts