A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK? (BE GENTLE) DON'T THINK ITS THAT BAD FOR MY FIRST TRY. THERE WILL ALLWAYS BE MORE TO PRACTICE WITH LATER.

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
Yeah, looks blue. Did you paint it after polishing? While the manifold is off I would highly recommend shaving all the casting marks and unnecessary bolt holes off, would look much cleaner.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Looks blue to me.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
WHAT DO YA'LL THINK? (BE GENTLE) DON'T THINK ITS THAT BAD FOR MY FIRST TRY. THERE WILL ALLWAYS BE MORE TO PRACTICE WITH LATER.
I'm thoroughly confused by the blueness of the polish you're using...what's it called?

·
Registered
940 Posts
polished or painted? lol jusayin

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Polished using smurf juice?

Sent via Tapatalk while driving your Mom's car, eating a cheese burger, and street racing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
POLISHED THE INTAKE PLENUM TO TAKE ALL OF THE TINY DIMPLES OFF AND GIVE THE METAL A NICE SMOOTH SHINY SURFACE THEN PAINTED METALLIC BLUE. SORRY BOUT THE LACK OF SPECIFICS. I DIDN'T WANT TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO POLISH THE TB (AFRAID OF F***ING IT UP) SO IT WAS ONLY PAINTED. I DID A GASKET MATCH ON THE TB AND PLENUM. SANDED THE CASTING MARKS OUT OF THE RUNNERS ON THE PLENUM (DIDN'T TOUCH THE LOWER IM).

I ONLY GOT A PIC OF THE TB GASKET MATCH (BEFORE I CLEANED IT)

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
POLISHED THE INTAKE PLENUM TO TAKE ALL OF THE TINY DIMPLES OFF AND GIVE THE METAL A NICE SMOOTH SHINY SURFACE THEN PAINTED METALLIC BLUE. SORRY BOUT THE LACK OF SPECIFICS. I DIDN'T WANT TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO POLISH THE TB (AFRAID OF F***ING IT UP) SO IT WAS ONLY PAINTED. I DID A GASKET MATCH ON THE TB AND PLENUM. SANDED THE CASTING MARKS OUT OF THE RUNNERS ON THE PLENUM (DIDN'T TOUCH THE LOWER IM).

I ONLY GOT A PIC OF THE TB GASKET MATCH (BEFORE I CLEANED IT)
Why polish then paint? I thought the whole idea of polishing was for that "polished look".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
21,701 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh so basically you sanded it down then? You didn't actually polish it right?

Do you have pics of it prior to painting?
nope i usually dont take before and after pics. I actually did polish it down. Started with an 80 grit sanding wheel then went to a 160 and then a 240. Used buffing pads after that to take the scratches that the sanding wheels left, primed then painted. I originally had the im off to port the plenum and tb then said "hey why not try polishing it", didn't want to leave it silver so i painted it blue.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts