A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My name is Lee and I've owned my 02 Spec-V for just a little over 2 years now. I purchased it from my best friend (2nd Owner) with about 160,000 km.. around there. Anyway I've put about 30,000 km on the car since purchase and am now interested in starting to modify the vehicle both esthetically and performance. I've been reading the forums for a couple months just to try to grasp the fundamentals and figure out exactly what I should begin with. I have access to all resources necessary for modification and multiple friends to help me out, plus a little intuition when it comes to turning a wrench.

The car is completely stock. Only modification was that my friend put a straight pipe on the exhaust.

My first order of Q's for the forum is:

Since the engine has so many KM's (190,000), should I be leaning more towards financing a reman'd engine or will an engine rebuild kit suffice?
- I find the engine is still running good apart from the years of wear and tear (Dyno run last year indicated 149 whp from a 4th gear pull)
- I've also never ever had a problem with the car...always runs perfectly and i'm known to bag on it from time to time.

I'd really love to hear what the community has to suggest for what I should be saving up to do for the initial stages as I've become extremely enthusiastic towards learning more about this car and eventually turning it into something of my own creation and potentially auto cross racing or drag.

I understand that there are more than enough threads of how-to's and newbie walk-throughs, but I couldn't exactly find anything on high-km spec-v's.

Any help would be very appreciated!

-mirth-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
Welcome to B15U! :wave:
Read up here:
QR25DE Precat and Butterfly Screw FAQ
Thanks for the greetings 2k2SpecV and thanks for your input! Such an awesome and personable community of people on here.

I should have stated that I actually took the initiative to lock tite the butterfly screws two weeks after I bought the SpecV! I stumbled across this forum and one of the first threads I read was about butterfly screws being sucked into the precat, so I've already done that!

As for the precat, I guess I should look into getting myself a cat-less header!

Thanks again, 2k2SpecV!

·
39,073 Posts
Welcome pimp.

When it comes to performance, you'll find all you need to know on this site. But when it comes to aesthetics, that is a personal choice on what looks good.
No body kits or hood scoops though....LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts