A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just checked my car loan that i thought was a 1 year loan apparently its a 2 year. so since im stuck with this car for 2 more years its definitely gonna have to get a makeover to make it better. Can somebody tell me about how much it would cost all together to set my car up with a decent size turbo?
And what people would reccomend i still need to use this car as a daily driver but this girl im talking to is getting a boosted e36 m3 and ill be damned if my girl has a faster car than i do.

·
6,765 Posts
Pick up Jen's (2cute's) kit plus tuning.

If you want to piece it together with used parts you can do it as low as 1500 or so.

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
What Alex said. Although I'd be weary dropping that money on a car I didn't even own.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its not a car loan its a loan from the bank the car is already mine i just owe the bank some money.

and my dad cosigned with me so he wont let me sell the car until the loan is up. he doesnt care what i do with it he just wants me to keep the car for a while.

·
6,765 Posts
take turbo money and pay off loan in 1 year
This.

You know what, IMO, I'd just push my pride aside, drive the crap out of the turbo'd e36 and then when you finally own the car and can afford it to be down for some time and is willing to play with it, then that's the time to do it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well once the loan is up im gonna sell it. i only paid 5k for my car with all of the mods already on it so i can sell it and make a pretty decent profit. i have been looking into either a g35 or an audi s4. but in the meantime i wanna do some more stuff to make this car faster and a turbo seemed like the best idea.

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
Sounds like a waste of money to turbo a car you'll sell in a year.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sounds like a waste of money to turbo a car you'll sell in a year.

I agree 100%. Dude just save the money so you have it for the nest car. If you really feel you need more power buy a cheap used nitrous kit and you'll have power when you feel you really needed it. It will 1/2 the cost of going to turbo for nothing.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im 18 now and 2 years seems like a very long time to me. i make way more money than an 18 year old rightfully should so i have the money to do it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Ad stated above...unless you plan on keeping it a while (much longer than 2 years) it would be a waste of money, no matter how much money you make.

·
Registered
720 Posts
well im 18 now and 2 years seems like a very long time to me. i make way more money than an 18 year old rightfully should so i have the money to do it.

Well in that case gut the car, reduce the weight by about 500-600lbs. Put a treadstone turbo on it, have Travis from forced induction build a new motor to hold up to mega boost, and then send the car to 2J racing so they can put the best suspension parts on it.

When your done with all that then you wont want to get rid of the car, and it will be fast as shit and turn on a dime.

Do it. You wont. :cool2:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
well its not a car loan its a loan from the bank the car is already mine i just owe the bank some money.

and my dad cosigned with me so he wont let me sell the car until the loan is up. he doesnt care what i do with it he just wants me to keep the car for a while.
Sell the car pay the loan loans up. gf meets another guy, no car no girl no loan. My x told me I should get a new car or at least I think thats what she said as I pushed her out the door on the freeway. :wave:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
So i just checked my car loan that i thought was a 1 year loan apparently its a 2 year. so since im stuck with this car for 2 more years its definitely gonna have to get a makeover to make it better. Can somebody tell me about how much it would cost all together to set my car up with a decent size turbo?
And what people would reccomend i still need to use this car as a daily driver but this girl im talking to is getting a boosted e36 m3 and ill be damned if my girl has a faster car than i do.
your not going turbo don't waste the money your not smart enough to boost I base this off of you not knowing how to use a search button...sorry but truth hurts

·
Registered
716 Posts
take turbo money and pay off loan in 1 year
This.

You know what, IMO, I'd just push my pride aside, drive the crap out of the turbo'd e36 and then when you finally own the car and can afford it to be down for some time and is willing to play with it, then that's the time to do it.
I'm in the same boat as you dude, but I totally agree with them. I was about to buy a used kit myself for my car but I still owe quite a bit of money on it. Instead i'm gonna focus on paying it off, then when its done I will upgrade it. I love this car, it'll grow on you, especially with the more work you put into it. Just do some small mods here or there. There's really nothing wrong with these cars despite what people say. Only owners of the car dont like them, i talk to people who own other cars (either faster or slower) and absolutely love my car, and its not even very modded.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
your not going turbo don't waste the money your not smart enough to boost I base this off of you not knowing how to use a search button...sorry but truth hurts
yeah but my dad knows hundreds of people who know more about cars than everybody on this site put together so if i wanted to turbo this car it would be as simple as making a phone call. however everybody just completely talked me out of it so nvmd.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts