A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11,668 Posts
Written By: divinebarrel

P0448 EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve
Since nissan sucks, alot of us have all had this problem ....this is my second time,so rather than having nissan fix this for 300-400 dollars at the stealership i did a half assed write up on how to fix it your self in 15 minutes costing maybe 25 pennies assuming u own wd-40 and buy a 25 cent o-ring

How hard is this? Scal 1-10 this is a One
Tools Needed
-------------------------------------------
1- Jack/Jackstands (optional)
2- flat head screw driver/butterknife (pop plastic clips out of cover)
3- 10mm socket+ extention (screw that holds plastic cover over unit)
4- new O-ring (optional but recomended )
5- your hands
6- one framing nail
--------------------------------------------
1-first jack up your car on the rear driverside and set it on a jackstand
2-behind the rear wheel on the driverside u will see a big black box with a cover on it remove the plastic clips one on the right and left and then in front(front meaning twards the front of the car) there is one 10mm screw facing twards the sky that must be removed. once this is done the cover will fall on your face
see far left where pig/police officer lego man is hanging thats the box

3-looking up at the canister as the picture shows the L shaped thing to the far right is the object u must remove, first pull off the vent hose(slides right off) then disconnect the electrical connection, following that turn the entire vent 1/4 turn to the left and pul out(its now in your hand

4-take the vent inside, to a work bench, or where ever, and blast the **** out of all openings then soak it for as long as u would like,after that look inside the opening that went into the box and take your special tool (framing nail) and pry the spring and the plastic seat till it is able to move up and down as it should

5- now that that is done u should replace to o-ring on the vent control and place everything backtogether in reverse order......now you are done

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Doing this this weekend hopefully...what do you mean pry the spring is that shit internal? lol I need my car to pass inspection

·
Registered
16 Posts
was unable to get my spring and seat to move period.
i think its time i get a new part, this one is junk.
it soaked for a long time too, no go.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
was unable to get my spring and seat to move period.
i think its time i get a new part, this one is junk.
it soaked for a long time too, no go.
Got one for $25 shipped working perfectly :)

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
from where if u mind sharing?
i need one.
I meant I have one for Sale for $25 shipped lol

I bought it from someone on a different forum but sold my car before it came in the mail.

So if you are intereste feel free to PM me...$25 shipped anywhere in the continental United States :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
What happens if ur check valve stops working etc ...what are the symptoms
I wonder if this happens to be something to do with hard starts???

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have this code, my idle is unstable and usually hangs high with hard stumbles from time to time. Popped up at 140k for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have this code, my idle is unstable and usually hangs high with hard stumbles from time to time. Popped up at 140k for me.
Hey did you fix this and did it help with the idle problem? I know it's an old thread but I'm having the same issue and just got that code

1 - 12 of 12 Posts