A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for fogs (once again searching while at work lol) i was thinking about installing se-r fogs in my 1.8 but was wondering is there gonna be any mounting issues??
was hearing that they already have a pre drilled slot for oem fogs but idk if the se-r had a diffrence where they drilled the slot or nething..please help lol..im stuck on stupid right now lol tryna get them ordered today so please get me some feed back...
also was wondering about the wiring?? how will that work? should i wire to a switch or wire to my running lights??

·
Registered
472 Posts
I dont think the 04-06 QG18DE came pre-wired for fogs. If thats the case, you'll need to get some wire, relay, and a switch. AFAIK the fogs should mount fine, just make sure that they're the 04-06 fogs, not the 00-03 fogs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 05 Sentra Special Edition came with fogs. Check your headlight switch and see if you have the fog switch. Also check underneath for yourself to be entirely sure. I bought fogs from yellowspec_V to replace my cracked ones, and I think he had a SE-R. I would buy fogs from this website or from some other b15 forum. They are selling em way cheaper than rockauto, ebay...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
1.8s was wired for fogs. 1.8 was not.

you will need the fogs, turn signal stalk with fog switch and the relay for under the hood.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry for going into an old thread, but I have a 1.8s and got everything I needed for the mod, however after taking off the bumper and searching thouroughly, I didn't find a fog light harness. So now thinking of a toggle switch, or splicing them into my parking lights.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
if you don't have the harness, just get an ebay fog kit. that's what i first did. power/ground to a switch and then just flick it on when you want them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah that's what I'm going to do. Now just looking for a good fog switch that'll fit on the panel by where my dimming guage light is/ rear mirror adjuster switch is. Where did you put your switch? I see you're from Sacramento too!!! Should probably help me haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
wait, Miles right? Haha I always get confused because facebook names are different, thought you used the original column switch?

- - - Updated - - -

Still have your wheel/ tire set up for sale?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
yea it's miles haha.

i double sided taped a 2 way switch on the other side of the hood release but any place you find convenient would work.

- - - Updated - - -

and sold the car with the wheels on it. my aunt is now rolling around on them. when the tires go bad, i'll get them back and give her the stock 15s, so new tires will be cheaper for her.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Awww haha, for how much? It's the 2.5 limited edition auto transmission right? Dang, How many miles does it have? I would've bought it haha, my parents need another car so would've probably gaven them this one. Would she trade it for my 05 1.8s? Haha. Are you going to sell the wheels after? Could maybe trade my stock wheels/tires for em with cash on top?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
sold it for cheap. only $1500 but that was the family member price.

i don't have the car anymore, so there can't be any downtime with having no wheels. unfortunately, it looks like the wheels are with her until they run out.

it was an auto, with 150k.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i took off everything except the exhaust and rims.

i pulled off the remaining stuff like stillen lips, 2jr crank pulley and fstb.

don't think she would sell it. she needed some sort of transportation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts