A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

formerHonda/North GA

20K views 131 replies 25 participants last post by  zeno 
#1 · (Edited)
I will posting more current pics in a few weeks. I have some new mods to showcase and what not.

Mods as of 3-25-13

Under the hood:
Nismo cold air intake
Nismo cat-back
eBay header
2J-Racing lightweight crank pulley
port matched throttle body
throttle body bypass
bsr
knock sensor relocation
Energy Suspension motor mount inserts
$4 wheel hop aid
NGK iridium plugs
Shuriken 13lb. battery

Tranny:
Exedy oem clutch
Redline MT-90 gear oil
$4 short shifter
2J-Racing stg2 brass shift bushings

Suspension:
BC Racing 8kg/mm full sleeve coilovers
Megan front upper strut brace
Ultra Racing 4 point trunk brace
2J-Racing anti lift kit
2J-Racing 50mm race studs (rear only)

Shoes:
BuddyClub P1 sf 17x7
Kumho Ecsta 215/45
Muteki SR48 open ended Burning Blue lug nuts
2J-Racing 5mm wheel spacers

Interior:
Custom ugly trailer ball shift knob
Alpine head unit with iPod interface

Weight Loss:
Full gutted trunk
Rear bumper beam
Windshield washer reservoir
Radiator overflow
Carpet strip
Splash guards
Fender liners

Future mods:
Ultra Racing 4 point front brace
Better sway bars
300zx brake conversion
Cams
3" side exit exhaust
Uprev

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good man. Are you lowered? Clean up your engine a little man. Show the QR some love...

Keep us posted on the future mods.

#8 ·
Nice, you have more going on than I thought. You had the nismo exhaust at the meet?

#19 ·
Got the BC's in Thursday. Install was under 2 hours. Took me another hour or two in fine adjustments with the ride height, pulling out my fender well liners, and other stuff. Lol the rear was tucked like 2" with the ride height setting out of the box. But honestly when I test drive it like that it still felt great. That just goes to show the superiority of these coilovers. The design is so simple too. It's pretty much a threaded shaft about 6-8" long that the springs sit on. All you do is turn the threaded core or shaft to raise or lower. Spring settings don't even get messed with.

I'll have the old setup for sale now. I'll make a separate thread for them. Here's some pics.

Old Tein/KYB setup.

New 8kg/mm BC racing BR series full sleeved coilovers.

And my son modeling this ride like a gangsta

#20 · (Edited)
The shittiest video ever thanks to me spilling my dip cup at launch, and a slow ass yahoo impeding the flow of my traffic. The squat is almost unnoticeable. Pay attention to the angle of the hanging flash drive, I almost got it parallel with the horizon lol. I will make another video of parallel flash drive.... shortly before I flip.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/awu42ttN_Iw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="425"></iframe>

#27 ·
I want to roll my fenders before I do that. Seriously I had the rear tucked 2" on these things with no problems. My sig pic is close to it's current height now. I'll post a new pic later.

#28 ·
The ride quality is perfect with the dampening set at 15 front/rear. I previously set them at 20 soft front and 18 soft rear but it was too bouncy. 15 all around almost completely removed the bounce on highway.

#29 ·
I know, but I just bought another car for DD a month ago, Infiniti J30 and I just had to but a new MAF for the car also, so idk, but I do need coilovers!! I'm probably going to but tires first, cause I have another autocross event August 7, so I'm sure I'm going to wear them the rest of the way out. :tongue: but regardless you KNOW ill be coming to the mountain run! Speaking of that, I really think we should go to some different roads that I know mo in North GA, its about another 30min to get there, but they are WAY better!

#31 ·
My car took a shit pulling uphill today. I was in 3rd around 5k rpms and it just stalled out, then came back up once I was below 2500 rpms. Scanner gave me a MAF sensor code but like an idiot I didn't write it down. I cleaned the MAF but when I start it, it dies within about 30 seconds as the idle drops down from 1400 rpms. Any guess as to why this MAF is $150 cheaper than the others on google search?

Nissan Altima Sentra SE-R SPEC-V Mass Air Flow Sensor Meter MAF #22680-8J000 2.5L 3.5L 2002 2003 2004 | partsdeal

#32 ·
Got the $60 MAF out of the classifieds thanks to a heads up by Sammy. More good news is I had no trouble getting the alternator off with that broke mounting screw. But on the flip side the bottom is all jacked up now from driving it with it messed up. I'll post some pictures this weekend of what I'm talking about. This weekend's list is: Fix alternator, cap pcv system, and hopefully get MAF problem solved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.