A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Geez... now I threw a P0300 code for random misfire. Car bogs at stand still and has a loss of power. Shifts are rough too. What the french, toast!?!?! Plugs are brand new, and if it were plugs or coils it would be specific to the cylinder, not random.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Big thanks to Joe and 2J for giving my ride some much needed attention. Got all new control arms, a new exhaust, and even some trouble shooting. "The rooster" has been laid to rest. All MAF codes cleared. This was a total of 90 minutes with test drive time included. Lol does Joe drive everything like he's on a track?!? It appears I will be headed back this week to give the exhaust back :facepalm:. It's the best track exhaust you've ever heard/seen, but I drive on the street :(. Just not what I need at the moment I suppose. The wife is weighing heavy on it too. But Joe has already communicated we can work something out. This is why you support 2J-racing. They support their customers.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

05 is in and running strong! Can't thank 2JR enough for helping out a guy. I posted a review if you want all the details. Looking to get rid of some things. This MAF has got to go and today I decided to put my sub setup for sale. Any local guys interested lemme know. Alpine Type R 10" with Rockford 600w amp and a special box I made to fit the trunk well. $150 obo. For love of God somebody make an offer on the MAF!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Painted the truck ball shift knob black today. Looks a lot better than chrome haha. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Here's a pic. Looks way better than the chrome.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I haven't updated my thread in forever. Installed a new driver side tail light today. Yea I backed into a parked car...In my own driveway :facepalm::puke::lame: Anyway, I guess I needed a new paint job anyway with the clear coat fading all over the place.

Gonna put new Hawk pads all around tomorrow. Might gut my stock cat (we have no emissions) too. And last, an A/C recharge.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
It is nice. Kinda iffy about gutting the cat though. Can't tell based on research if it offers any benefit.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Found this article and now I will not gut the cat. I know it's a different car with totally different specs, but the end result makes sense on a QR to me. I have all the resources to pull the mid pipe and weld a short piece at work so I think I'll do that.

Hollowed-Out Catalysts - Power Increase - Import Tuner Magazine

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Head gasket blew. I gots some pictures I'll post one day.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I looked for some good gaskets but ended up doing the 07+. Cortex have high compression gaskets?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Here's some random pics of the process.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Just need to tighten cams, time i,t and bolt the intake on. Then we pray again lol.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Timing was out so I set that yesterday.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts