A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see in the picture there's a part of the actual transmission casing that's broken off. Where the bolt screws into the transmission that attaches to the motor mount bracket there's a ton of thread missing and I'm afraid it's not gonna hold that motor mount well. When I bought the car it didn't even have those 2 motor mount screws so I went to the junkyard and got some off another car. I need something that's gonna work in the long run, so in my attempt to resolve this issue I've put loctite in the bolt in the bit of thread that's left on the top bolt hole and did the same for the bottom bolt hole. Also put lock washers on both. I put some of the strongest JB weld I could find on the exposed bolt hole after sanding around the area with some 80 grit and cleaning it off. I Left a jack stand under the transmission supporting it while all that stuff cures. I'll take a finished picture tomorrow. I replaced that motor mount too. If anyone has any idea on how I can maybe secure this a little better please I'm open to any ideas

Attachments

·
6,678 Posts
That's more of a band aid as oppose to anything tbh. Good luck with the JB on that. Besides actually welding material into it, replacing the housing would be the best thing.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I know it's nothing more then a bandaid but it's the only thing I could do with what I had. As far as welding goes, since its aluminum how would you go about fixing that?

·
6,678 Posts
Whoever's going to weld it needs to look at it. Going to have to weld a bracket that can be bolted back on to where it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts