A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
General question on my front right brake backing plate or dust shield(everyone calls it something different). It started a couple months ago where I'd back out of my driveway turning left to get onto the road. During the backing up and turning it would make a light tinny sound that was the dust plate scraping in one spot, every rotation a quick scrape. Then it started a month later while I was going forward. I bent the plate back in certain spots and it would quit. Well, it comes back every couple weeks until I bend it back again. I'm doing front brakes after work today. Question is(and I probably could have made this shorter but I'm chatty馃榿) why would the plate slowly work its way back to scraping over time?
Notes: 1, I am going to take it off and 2, this car has a dented fender and front door on the passenger side, reason why I'm looking for a front passenger door. Any thoughts appreciated, no big deal if not. I just want to know for General knowledge. Thanks.
P.s., did not search as I never have any luck doing so. Sorry if this has a thread already.

Super Moderator
I removed all those shield along time ago with no negative recourse.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious how it slowly gets back to rubbing?馃 I'm assuming it gets hot and is flimsy and worn out. This will be a good car once I get the body work done. I've almost got the whole broken interior parts replaced. The rust makes me cringe everytime I look at it. It's only gonna get worse too with Midwest roads and weather lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts