A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me which tool and size is needed to disconnect the fuel line from the rail?

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can take a sharpie marker cap and put a slit in it and use that. That's what I did.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
REally. Well I bought this tool:

And I still can't figure out how to get it off. 5/16" is the right size I believe. I push the line down, but the tool won't go in. I've tried all 4 sizes. GRRR. HELP!

·
Registered
33 Posts
It might be too thick. There are 3 - 4 little prongs that need to be pushed away from the rail. I'm telling you try the sharpie top trick with a small flat head screwdriver.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually those suck. The plastic ones work great.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Actually those suck. The plastic ones work great.
Thanks for the help.

Hey chunce, what plastic ones did you buy? I had to mess with my fuel rail when I took my lower IM off. I ended up getting it off somehow.. it's been about two months now n don't exactly remember, but I bent my fuel line a lil trying to wiggle the part out of the connector you guys are talking about. I bent it back of course, but that's when I stopped fucking with it. I'd love to have the right tool for this!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you go to AutoZone they come in a pack of 7 or 8 different sized ones. They look like useless plastic rings but they work great.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you go to AutoZone they come in a pack of 7 or 8 different sized ones. They look like useless plastic rings but they work great.

By the way I tried buying these, and none of them fit correctly or would remove the line closest to the fuel rail. I felt like I needed the size inbetween the baby blue and red.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Umm the fuel line disconnect tool that you have in the middle of the picture is the correct one... I've used it to remove my fuel line many times. You have to get it in there and work it.

By the way I tried buying these, and none of them fit correctly or would remove the line closest to the fuel rail. I felt like I needed the size inbetween the baby blue and red.

·
Registered
633 Posts
what do you mean put a slit in the cap? and like just a standard sharpie marker?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts