A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time again...not really, but close enough. I figured I'd get this thread going early, so that everyone has ample time to plan. If you frequent the forum chatbox you have probably seen the word Helen thrown around quite a bit. This is the city in North GA that we held the last meet at. Over 3 days, we had a total of 7 sentra owners come out. Of those that did not show, many had cars that were down for repairs.... the others were just skeptical and not interested......yet. We had an awesome time hanging out and an even better time driving. If you ask any of the 7 people who came, they will all tell you this was one of the best meets they've been to. On the 3rd day we were already planning for the following year's meet.

As with the last meet, this will be held in Helen, GA. We will decide on an exact date in a few months. Expect it to take place sometime between May and July. Lodging is available through Bavarian Brook Rentals. The website is helenga.net . This is managed by one of our fellow forum members- npeters7. Nathan has been kind enough to provide all forum members with a 20% discount on any rental that is good all year.

I will update this first post with details over the next few months. I've got a list of routes that we will be taking and will post those later as well.

Confirmed Date: July 18-20

For lodging: Helenga.net
Discount Code: SENTRA20

Interested
-Edgar (EdAlAnd)-AS
-Dave (CVTmodderelite)-AS
-Wes (SER Wes)-AS
-Jonathan (Whitelightning05)-AS
-Steven (thepantydropper)-AS
-Leo (leonel35f)-AS
-Sammy (thesammythecurse)-BU
-Sven (SurfinSeven)-BU
-Judson (nosduj)-BU
-Pete (SkinnyPete)-BU
-Jim (jdematt)-AS

Confirmed
-Jamaul (jamaul08)-AS
-Matt (BrooksyCC7)-AS
-Andy (nissanguru)-AS
-Guy (Weimaraner)-AS
-Ian (speedbumpLV)-AS
-Sam (ProTo20)-AS
-Barry (yogi b)-BU
-Rik (Rik Baldwin)-BU
-Evan (Evan)-AS
-Andy Delatorre (TX crew)
-seanyx11-BU
-Clay (evertoconquer)-AS

AS- AllSentra
BU- B15u

2014 Mountain Run Routes
1. http://goo.gl/maps/4mRgd
Suches Loop, starting from Helen and ending at Vogel State Park for a photo op. Wolf Pen Gap is the road I am really looking forward to tackling this time. Check out this M3 on Wolf Pen Rd (we will try to avoid the mid-day traffic if possible)-

2. http://goo.gl/maps/h8xqN
Scenic Byway Loop- Starting from Helen, we will head North on 75 to 180. Westbound on 180, we will turn off and do the short uphill (do you even torque bro?) to the Brasstown Visitor Center. [Insert Photo Op Here]. From the visitor center, we will go back down and continue west on 180. Next turn will be 348 going south. This will bring us right back to Helen :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Tis was a good time last year....

Wondering how the turnout will be this year.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
This sounds like a great time, especially to go and meet other Sentra enthusiasts. If I don't have any students during this time, I'd be interested in going.

And judging by that rain picture, I should probably get my act together and buy some rain tires. It's something I've been meaning to do anyways... another set of wheels too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This sounds like a great time, especially to go and meet other Sentra enthusiasts. If I don't have any students during this time, I'd be interested in going.

And judging by that rain picture, I should probably get my act together and buy some rain tires. It's something I've been meaning to do anyways... another set of wheels too.
Yea, it's going to be a great time! I'll put you down as interested. Let me know how that schedule looks as we get closer to the date. :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Reactions: nosduj

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
If my car is finished in time (f'n story of my life lol) I'd love to come guys. Helen is a perfect place for a meet, I'm surprised more people don't have them there. Mountains, German food, windy roads, what more could you ask for? Anyway, I'll be there for sure as long as my car is done, so count me in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If my car is finished in time (f'n story of my life lol) I'd love to come guys. Helen is a perfect place for a meet, I'm surprised more people don't have them there. Mountains, German food, windy roads, what more could you ask for? Anyway, I'll be there for sure as long as my car is done, so count me in.
Ahaha, it's going to be a great time :) Hope to see ya there!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.