Votes: 7 87.5%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Updated 7/2/13*

Woohooooo! It's mountain time :)

Summer is here and a few of us Georgia folk would like to meet up in North GA. This would give everyone an opportunity to get acquainted with each other. So far the plan is to meet in Helen, where we can hang out, eat, sleep, etc. I think Helen has some fun activities for visitors..... Nathan and Barry can help in that department, as they are more familiar with the town. I believe Nathan mentioned his family has a hotel up there. I am planning to spend a few nights in Helen, and we could get a couple hotel rooms if some of you are willing to chip in. This would be ideal for those of you traveling from afar.

I would like for us to visit some scenic areas for a photo op and maybe do some video interviews of each owner and their car.

Now.... no mountain meet would be complete without a MOUNTAIN RUN! I was thinking Suches Loop or Brasstown, but I'm sure Barry knows the best ones.

If you have any ideas, PLEASE post them here. Let's work together and plan an awesome GA meet!

JULY 11-14 CONFIRMED DATE

For lodging: Helenga.net
Discount Code: SENTRA20

If you are planning on spending a few nights up there and would like to share a room please send me a pm.

Also, feel free to contact me at anytime regarding this meet. 678-517-5144

Confirmed Attendees:
-jamaul08
-nissanguru
-npeters7
-ProTo2.0
-WhiteLightning05
-Weimaraner
-yogib777

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't forget to vote on a date!!! We will choose a final date sometime next week and I want to be sure it works for most of us.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the hotel we will be staying at: Helenga.net

SENTRA20 will get you 20% off.

Let me know if you're interesting in sharing a room. Depending on how many, we could get a cabin or two which would give us all plenty of room to breathe :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just getting my license reinstated and i picked up a spec v. Been lookin all over for some meets to attend that were close. I hope I can make this one and meet some of you guys as well as get started on my new spec v project

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just getting my license reinstated and i picked up a spec v. Been lookin all over for some meets to attend that were close. I hope I can make this one and meet some of you guys as well as get started on my new spec v project
Awesome! We have about 5 people from the other forum confirmed and the date we chose is July 11-14. I hope you are able to make it.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I wish this could have been in Aug. I have an autocross event that weekend

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I'm at a Braves game the 13th. Other than that I'm open. Hopefully I can make it.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I'd love to come, and probably will...but unfortunately I don't think my Spec will be finished by then, which really sucks :(.

I'll probably end up just driving my GTI I guess, unless you guys can push the date back a week or two ;) It'll really suck if we have the meet on July 11-14th and then my car is finished a week later lol.

I am glad that you guys finally decided on a time and place though, it just sucks that my Spec won't be ready (most likely). It would be badass if I got it back just in time for a mountain run :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like most people are coming up Friday the 12th, afternoon/evening. Still getting arrival times from some folks.... if I'm the only one driving up on the 11th, then I'll just come in early morning of the 12th. That would save me a night in the hotel anyway.

Just updated the first post by the way.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I'm the only one who was available for Thursday, so I'll just come up early Friday morning. Booked a hotel room for Friday and Saturday night :)

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
i'm coming up fri am and must return by fri pm

where will everybody be fri am?

wife bailed
" not riding 2 hours, both ways in a tin can"

family may be right this time
i'll see what you guys say

no. 1 request restore roll cage
no.2 fix what's wrong, it shakes and clatters
no.3 put a muffler on that thing

backwards from solid mounts to oem with mmi's
not likely

i'm open to input
no sunvisors might be a little extreme
lol

see ya fri

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'm coming up fri am and must return by fri pm

where will everybody be fri am?

wife bailed
" not riding 2 hours, both ways in a tin can"

family may be right this time
i'll see what you guys say

no. 1 request restore roll cage
no.2 fix what's wrong, it shakes and clatters
no.3 put a muffler on that thing

backwards from solid mounts to oem with mmi's
not likely

i'm open to input
no sunvisors might be a little extreme
lol

see ya fri
Aahahah

What route are you taking up there?

I'm coming from Stockbridge and my planned route was 285N>85N>985N>23N then duncan bridge road all the way into helen.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
@jamaul08 appears i'm coming from the other side
515-52------

i plan to be there between 8:30-9:00 am
we could meet for coffee or breakfast

i haven't been to helen for at least 10 years
since my kids stopped tubing

i still have the 50 bucks from art from the garden

we could have an outrageous lunch with a small addition from everybody
any good "all you can eat" smorgus boards in Helene