A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nismo Sentra
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I installed this about 1000 miles ago no ses, and though I haven‘t done a second 0-60 test through the obd port (the proper way) I suspect it’ll be quicker than my previous 7.65 [3rd pull]

I have the rubber band version which has 7 gears and is generally slow to 40mph but then takes off. Not so any longer. Boost pressure is definitely held longer through shifts as well. Acceleration and throttle response have been noticeably improved. HP, I don’t have a dyno available so I won’t speculate there, but it seems to pull much harder for longer now.

It’s quite a pain to get the old one off and it back on without the proper attachments and magnetic tools but it can be done in about 15-20 minutes maybe less if you’re just a machine.

I am NOT INTERESTED in any suggestions of any other diverter valve mods or anything that splices the factory harness. This retains all factory control, except the valve will open and close partially and faster regardless of the ecu control If the GFB spring is used like they suggest. You can just use this without it as well and just upgrade the oe plastic to metal prolonging its life if you’re worried.

Just sharing my experience.

·
Registered
2018 Nismo Sentra
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I take it that's why you bought the spare DV from me? Glad your happy with your upgrade!
Exactly. So I could retain mine in the event I wanted to go back to it.

I used the spare to disassemble and add the dv+.

Even though I really wasn’t planning to I think now in order to be able to really handle this modification efficiently I might need a new intercooler set up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts