A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
One of One
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this YouTube video today, and I'm going to pull the trigger in a month or so. Looks super fresh. What are yous guys thoughts?

We would need the universal adapter and wire in. Heres the video where 8 came across the Ghost Box.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well that's cool!

I feel like that would be perfect for something like a race week, where your race cars switch/gauge panel takes up radio room, but you need SOMETHING for when you drive hundreds of miles. Hook up two cheap speakers in the doors, install that, and boom. And it looks like it weighs nothing. Good find.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Interesting, but not interested.

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition
215 Posts
Saw this YouTube video today, and I'm going to pull the trigger in a month or so. Looks super fresh. What are yous guys thoughts?

We would need the universal adapter and wire in. Heres the video where 8 came across the Ghost Box.

I remember I was at a car meet and someone asked me if I wanted this little blue tooth thing. I’m not sure what it was but it plugged into your cigarette outlet and it would connect to a radio station that was nothing but static. Then you could sync your phone to it and play music with your phone through the radio. It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
740 Posts
This is different. It replaces your whole radio and mounts out of the way hidden wherever you want to put it. As there are no dials or display, you control it all through the bluetooth in your phone.
Yours was an adapter to allow you to play music from your phone through the standard radio by converting to an unused radio frequency.

·
One of One
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bluetooth has gotten way better over the years. I use a Bluetooth to aux currently, and it works phenomenal. I have a triple gauge cluster going where the radio is, and the Almera top din for a tablet display. The bottom din where I'd normally mount a stereo is where I'm putting my scangauge, so the Bluetooth delete is actually freeing up some space for me. It also gives the car an aesthetically pleasing look with no stereo, and lessens your car being broken into by some kids just trolling for head units.

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition
215 Posts
Bluetooth has gotten way better over the years. I use a Bluetooth to aux currently, and it works phenomenal. I have a triple gauge cluster going where the radio is, and the Almera top din for a tablet display. The bottom din where I'd normally mount a stereo is where I'm putting my scangauge, so the Bluetooth delete is actually freeing up some space for me. It also gives the car an aesthetically pleasing look with no stereo, and lessens your car being broken into by some kids just trolling for head units.
Do you have a problem with kids breaking into your car? I always leave my car unlocked when I go to the store or have it parked in my driveway. Hell I’ll even leave the keys in my car when I enter a convient store. Maybe I still have faith in humanity or maybe there isn’t anything valuable to steal in my car. I dunno.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I actually just got my ipod stolen and thankfully not the sound system. This just seems like too many extra obstacles involving an invisible connection.

Reactions: Richardw72

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
I'm honestly half tempted to get rid of my current head unit which is less than a year old for this just for some extra real estate....but there are some short coming with it that I don't think I want to give up on a "traditional" head unit for now.

Reactions: Tritton

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
Interested in an update as they have a 2.0 out and some what leaning to this.

Reactions: Tritton

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
Built in RCA outputs...thought you was going to play with it...you brought it up.

Complete head unit delete...

·
One of One
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw that it said you could keep your stock stereo.

I ended up sending my stock head unit from my silver 03 to have a rear aux port installed (it doesnt have tje from aux, but I wouldnt want that anywats), and I added bluetooth to it. I can add a tablet to the radio later and ise the aux pot to control through the deck.

I'll still probably get this for my 04 yellow spec.

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
The Watcher
7,353 Posts
If you look at the pic of the top of the unit through the vent, it looks like they use the same unit as this from AliExpress.
Or is the aliexpress using the same unit as the ghost box????

Board internal wiring def not the same and maybe the components as well but yeah....very similar design.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts