A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Testing waters and seeing who wants to do valves, this is no rush as I haven't done any contact with Supertech.

Looking at their inconel valves, either hollow or sodium filled at +1mm, minimum order is 50 of one valve variant so one order of intake and one of exhaust. Minimum of 3 people need. Measurements will be taken once I get my head next month as well as communication with them on overall cost and timeline(s).

Biggest issue is agreeing on the valve contents of the stem which we know that sodium filled will drive the price up and would eliminate the BDSO's.

There maybe a delay as at some point as I will be moving, destination and time unknown, sometime in the first half of next year.

Ferrea no longer stocks valves but still has the ability to make them but at a substantively higher price pending on avenue of purchase.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have a relationship with supertech, they helped me develop the springs for the jue/sentra turbo engines. If you need some help let me know.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a relationship with supertech, they helped me develop the springs for the jue/sentra turbo engines. If you need some help let me know.
Will let you know.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
What ballpark price?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Prob don’t have a price yet..would be nice to have them make a whole valve train kit...valves springs retainers...then we contact drag cartel and have em make us so beastly all motor cams

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
Depending on price may be interested. Have to rebuild my motor for boost

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
Prob don’t have a price yet..would be nice to have them make a whole valve train kit...valves springs retainers...then we contact drag cartel and have em make us so beastly all motor cams
Sry were not Hondas lmfao

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Per the third paragraph... if we want to call it that, we need to figure out the avenue we want to go down first, I could pull up a price listing for a Z to get an idea but we need to settle on an materiel and options and I'd prefer inconel, if at some point we just go full stainless then so be it but we need to start somewhere.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Something I learned this week.. I went to a machine shop to install these cams and check clearances and make sure everything is good. After a bit of adjusting and getting it right, he was explaining how valves get burnt from lack of heat transfer through the stem and how the cam to bucket clearances interact. I guess thats just something I didnt know.

Hmm but after alittle research, Id rather go titanium if anything. Its a bit of work to remove a head for a small upgrade. But dont neeeed it right now.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Burnt valves is something I have heard before, more sportbike/motorcycle prone IIRC but that was a while ago and I thought about the titanium valves but figured sodium filled inconel will work as less than an over kill than titanium....and I want all the titanium but cost is going to be the biggest issue.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Once you get the price figured out, im in for 1mm intake side only, don't matter the wait! Just the the price which most likely will be reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Once you get the price figured out, im in for 1mm intake side only, don't matter the wait! Just the the price which most likely will be reasonable.
Making things difficult ha hahahaha.... so want input on materiel... oh gees...

·
Registered
147 Posts
What is a BDSO? Bass Dude Sentra OK 👌 well in that case yeah I’m a BDSO but I am chiming in to keep up on then thread 🧵 but my guess is $550.00 +/-

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im down for inconel w/ +1mm sodium for the exhaust values but I would think sodium filled for the intake would be overkill?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts